Lowering a FZ6

astrovan2487

Reaction score
Visit site
I lowered my FZ6 as much as possible and it's still a bit tall, can just touch with my toes. Then again I am only 5ft 100lbs :rolleyes: I set the shock to the softest setting and had the Soupy's Performence shock relocation tab and adjustable kickstand installed. I also got the Hyperpro lowering springs for the front and rear. All together parts were about $550-600. I was hoping it would lower the bike about 3 inches but in all reality it's only lowered about 1.7" The only other option I know of is to buy a custom Corbin seat which they will rework to get the lowest height possible. The seat is listed at $425 and isn't in my budget right now. I don't think this bike can be lowered anymore, even with my 100lb butt the rear tire has severely bent the support bar above it. Another thing to think about for anyone getting the Soupy's Performence adjustable kickstand is that it sucks, the foot that touches the ground is so tiny that it's near impossible to park the bike in any kind of gravel, it'll just sink in and fall over.

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
So far I have gone the cheapest way possible...
Told the wife to "get used to it"...:eek:
4000+km later and she is doing just fine, though backing up is a bit of a challenge..she is just carefull where/how she parks.

There is an aftermarket shock (cant remember what atm) but it was around $800, but did allow you to move it up and down easliy..they say 1.75".

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a copy of the email I recieved..

Yes, you can lower the FZ6 up to 40mm (about 1.5").

Wilbers are built in Germany to your weight and riding style. They are high quality, fully rebuildable and have a five year warranty. They significantly improve handling and ride quality.

Model 640 with manual preload and rebound damping adjust: $569.00.
With hydraulic preload adjuster: $798.00.

Thanks for the inquiry, let me know if I can help further.

Best regards,

Ted Porter
BeemerShop
5100 Scotts Valley Dr. Suite 100
Scotts Valley, CA. 95066
ph 831-438-1100
fax 831-438-1104

Sounds like a super guy, but out of my price range right now..

lindsimo

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my '08 fz6 about two weeks ago and bought Soupy's lowering part the same day. I should mention I'm a tad under 5'4". Rode alright with the suspension all the way up (no idea why the previous owner set that high) and then after adjusting to 2nd lowest level, I am extremely comfortable on the bike. This coming from someone who just laughed in disbelief the first time I sat on an fz. The lowering link has been returned :cheer: