Luggage, Luggage and More Luggage

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
are those soft cases...hard?

those are the soft bags from yamaha.. all yamaha branded.. really nice too.. but i think my new givi's are going to be even nicer.... so torn about if i should sell all my soft luggage or just keep it.. probably wont have a need after i put the givis on..

Last edited:

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm looking at getting a pair of Givi E21's.

Which mount would you recommend? The Givi PL351 or the Sw-Motech. The latter is more expensive (by $60), but it says that it's removable. I just don't want the bags sticking out too much.

Anybody have any advice?

GIVI: TwistedThrottle.com : Givi Tubular Sidecase Racks (Yamaha FZ6, '04-'06) - Givi PL351
SW: TwistedThrottle.com : SW-Motech Quick-Lock Sidecarrier (Yamaha FZ6 Fazer, '04-'10) EVO Style for Givi, Micatech, Trax, & Pelican Sidecases - KFT.06.314.20000/B

Thanks!

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
The hard luggage looks good but I have Oxford throwover panniers which worked fine on my FZS6 with the low exhaust- has anyone used throwovers with the FZ6 and not cooked them?

I was surprised how cool the covers keep the exhausts after a long run so probably OK

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at getting a pair of Givi E21's.

Which mount would you recommend? The Givi PL351 or the Sw-Motech. The latter is more expensive (by $60), but it says that it's removable.

In this message, CCHOUSEKY reports that the Givi racks "are very easy to remove." When removed, all that is left is the bracket that goes around the exhaust shroud. If I had mine mounted, I'd take a picture, but that project is still pending...

I just don't want the bags sticking out too much.

Below is a picture (courtesy of CCHOUSEKY) that shows how wide the E21s are on a Givi rack. Too wide?
e46cf6fa.jpg

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. That looks great. I ended up with the Givi rack and couldn't be happier. You're right; it comes off very quickly and sits nice and tight to the bike. Thee E21's look great on there!

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Question - i see on the photo above there is the top case mount - are there any problems opening the E21s with the topcase on? I have a V46, and am wondering if the E21s could be opened when the topcase is mounted? On some of the photos it looks like larger cases hang over the E21s' lids.

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
How long did the rack install take you? Did you have much trouble installing the muffler bracket?

I don't remember how long it took, but it wasn't more than an hour. You'll need a set of allen keys, preferably socket bits. Everything comes off and goes back on very easily. Once the muffler bracket is on, putting the rack on takes about 10 mins.

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Question - i see on the photo above there is the top case mount - are there any problems opening the E21s with the topcase on? I have a V46, and am wondering if the E21s could be opened when the topcase is mounted? On some of the photos it looks like larger cases hang over the E21s' lids.

I have a SHAD rack and only a 37 litre topecase. No issues whatsoever opening the cases. Top loading really is the best, since everything doesn't fall out if you're only looking for say your toothbrush!

ranger039

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

i want to introduce myself, my name is Imran and I live in Indonesia right now I have Bajaj Pulsar 220 (2011) with givi top box (E50) and givi Sidebox (E360)

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

i want to introduce myself, my name is Imran and I live in Indonesia right now I have Bajaj Pulsar 220 (2011) with givi top box (E50) and givi Sidebox (E360)

My dream bike in India when they launched the 150. And....

:needpics:

DavisFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed my Shad top master rack and Give E370 (39L) top case today. I was very impressed with how sturdy the whole set-up is. Install was fairly easy, it just takes some patience aligning the bolts that mount to the grab handles. Here is a pic of the final set-up.

Bike.jpg

I have some motocentric softbags to put on as well. The wife and I are off for a weeklong trip along the Amalfi Coast in Southern Italy in a week. Will be the maiden touring voyage!

darkbluexplorer

ATGATT - Live by it!
Reaction score
Visit site
So i just lucked out and purchased sw motech quick lock side racks, 3 pelican 35 lt side/top cases, shad top rack and a carabou adapter plate for the top rack. However I have run into a snag that i dont have the original fender any more but a tidy tail kit. Is there some sort of adapter mount kit I can buy so i dont have to buy a new rear fender setup for about $63 from bike Bandit? Any ideas?

UPDATE: bike Bandit is my friend... Don't have to say much more. Parts ordered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: