Made deal on Ebay FZ6 - can anyone recommend a good transport company?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been shopping for months for an FZ6. I am about to finalize a deal on a 2006.

Desparately need a reference for a good, reputable transport company.

Would be going from Dallas, TX metro to NYC Metro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

autobahn70

Reaction score
Visit site
At my work, we use Yellow Freight when we ship things too big for UPS. Haven't had a problem. Then again, we've never shipped anything like a motorcycle

fz6pete

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy, I am in Houston and would like to help if I can. I don't have any specific co's name but at the very least I can throw some resources at you:

Good shop in Dallas:
SOUTHWEST SUPERBIKES Dallas, TX

The "Motorcycle Show" is having their show in Dallas this weekend, here is the exhibitor list, may work:
Dallas Exhibitor List - Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows

We also have Cycle Gear - Motorcycle Apparel, Parts and Accessories shops here, search location and call some of the shops in Dallas, the shops here in Houston are staffed by knowledgeable, friendly people.

How about Motorcycle and ATV reviews, specifications, prices, used motorcycles by PowerSports Network

I will also ask some of the dealers around here and get back to you if I can find some.

Pete

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used this one and it was perfect

https://www.forwardair.com/prepaid/MCmainpage.jsp

They supply the container for the shipment.

I'll back this one up.. i have done lots of business with them for work in the past, and they are excelent.

steer clear of dependable auto shippers, they will be far cheaper than anyone else, but your bike will come in peices.. good luck :thumbup:

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First Congrat for new ride
Deng I wish you re the one getting my FZ6 here in DFW....:BLAA:
Anyway I have one company that I used to get my Aprilia from OR to TX and they did very well and quick..
It cost me $490 pick up at OR door and delivery to my door in TX
I hope this would help to set some price, just check around other company
Good luck...

A – A MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
7968 Arjons Drive, Suite 111  San Diego, California 92126
(888) 347-1391  (858) 578-3336  FAX (858) 578-8612
E-Mail [email protected]

I've been shopping for months for an FZ6. I am about to finalize a deal on a 2006.

Desparately need a reference for a good, reputable transport company.

Would be going from Dallas, TX metro to NYC Metro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks all for the advice.

I have been recuperating from information overload gathered from the internet. As any of you know who hired a shipping company, once you give your information out, company's trip over themselves each telling you how great you are. I used uship and was given tons of leads..alot of them small time carriers that I wasn't comfortable with. uship gets a small fee to hook you up with a carrier. After exhustive research and phone calls over about a 18 h our period I selected one of 2 companies that rated A- on BBB. Both companies are located in FLA. I don't believe in plugging free ads so I won't be doing that here. If you would like a testimony on my experience with the transport company I chose, PM me and we will talk. So far I am very happy with the service I am being given. I was hooked up with a carrier and my bike was placed on a car carrier within 48 hours of listing it. That is really pretty good. The bike should arrive tomorrow or Tues.

Now, about the bike!!!
2006 FZ6 Team Yamaha blue. 2800 miles. The price was low enough to offset the $495 shipping cost. This bike still cost me hundreds less than if I bought it locally here in NY and the miles are really low.

I will post photo's once it gets here..

thanks all!
FB