Mallala Ride Day this Saturday...now with piccies!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, it's time to get out to the track again, and get a bit more time on "Pinky", my FZ6 Cup bike.

Once again, i am off to our local "Goat Track" out at Mallala, but this time, i am not going by myself, but my "Spanner" man, and fellow track day rider, Gary (Z1000) along with me....Gazza has ridden about 700 laps of Mallala, so i am going to try and follow him around, and vice versa, so i can learn more about going faster, better, and safer!

Mikey (Ozzieboy) is coming along too, to help with photo's, timing, cooking the barbeque at lunch, etc, etc....and NO, he wont be wearing his mankini!

Here's an overhead view of the track...

View attachment 15310

Am a bit more organised this time, and am a little more confident re this track at least, having now done a few laps of it.

Here's the bike that Gazza will be riding.

View attachment 15311

If anyone else from SA wants to pop along, your quite welcome...justbring meat for the Barby, and some beers!

:rockon:

Cool. I might drop out too, might even try and talk the missus into coming, show her bike riding isn't that bad!!!

:)

Only just got home and saw you tried to ring Jamie... Sorry I missed ya.

Cool. I might drop out too, might even try and talk the missus into coming, show her bike riding isn't that bad!!!

:)

Only just got home and saw you tried to ring Jamie... Sorry I missed ya.

Was gonna ask whether you had a portable barbeque...but we have it sorted....bring the missus....it's sorta civilized out there you know, oh and we are taking a shade canopy, and even chairs!....freakin luxury!

:eek:

Goit the you beaut shade canopy today, thanks to the guys at Yammie World....

Also got the Barbeque sorted....anyone wanna come for lunch?...Mike's (Ozzieboy) cooking!!!

Gazza coming round tomorrow , and we are going to bleed the brakes, do an oil change, put the steering damper back onto pinky, check the plugs, bearings, etc, etc....

Gazza's got new tryes on the Z1000, and new brake pads....

Getting excited!

:Sport:

nope cant will be heading to mallala at 7 tomorrow night for a engagement, but think you might be gone by then.

nope cant will be heading to mallala at 7 tomorrow night for a engagement, but think you might be gone by then.

Dunno...we might be finishing off our Beers still.....

Barbeque is packed, chairs are packed, shade tent thingo, food is packed, beer is in ice, as is the Gatorade....bikes are being prepped as i write this.....Mikey is getting to my house at 6.30am, Gazza is already here, Matty is meeting us at the track, Dave might be coming with his missus....

Aidin is getting excited.......

Mallala...here we come!

Sounds like a fun day install for ya mate :thumbup:.....Very jealous of you , found out this arvy im off the bike for at least 2 weeks :(.....What am i gunna do???........Have fun though mate and im looking forward to lotsa lotsa piccies :D

Sounds like a fun day install for ya mate :thumbup:.....Very jealous of you , found out this arvy im off the bike for at least 2 weeks :(.....What am i gunna do???........Have fun though mate and im looking forward to lotsa lotsa piccies :D

Hate being without my bike...that sucks! Sorry Humpy! :(

Re the photo's, Yeah, hopefully, with a few more crew on deck this time, we might be able to get a few decent shots to post in here.

I just got home from work...gotta leave in 3 hours! should get some sleep...but it's a little hard, when i just walked off stage 20 minutes ago!!!

Well i just got home from Mallala...very tired and a bit sore...just general soreness associated with throwing a bike around the track all day! no crashes!

Manage to shave about 7 seconds off my lap times from my last track day, and by the end of the day, was doing it a lot easier, much less fraught, and it seems that i am starting to get a bit of cautious confidence with this track riding thing.

Am going out again next Saturday, whilst what i learnt today is still reasonably fresh in my mind....

As for photo's....Ozzieboy has got them, so i expect he will post them soon....

Well i just got home from Mallala...very tired and a bit sore...just general soreness associated with throwing a bike around the track all day! no crashes!

Manage to shave about 7 seconds off my lap times from my last track day, and by the end of the day, was doing it a lot easier, much less fraught, and it seems that i am starting to get a bit of cautious confidence with this track riding thing.

Am going out again next Saturday, whilst what i learnt today is still reasonably fresh in my mind....

LMAO......ozzieboy will not be posting them soon. I just got up. After running on fumes for a few days and culminating in a very early start on <3 hours sleep I needed to get some rest...lol.

I'm also planning to head out for some night video:rockon:.

I've loaded the stuff onto a card and will be dropping them off tonight at your place. hopefully before you get to bed.

If not, the SD card you find next to the front door has it all on there.

Time to get dressed for my ride...I'll definitely post later though:thumbup:.

Thanks for the entertainment Wolfman. I had a great day and got driven out there, so no squared off tires:cheer:. It's a Cinderella story really...lol:D.

Cheers
Mike

7 seconds off WOW , things are coming together for the big debut at Sydney by the sounds of it :thumbup:......Glad your confidence is growing and cant wait to see the pic's , whoever has them LOL.......Just get em on here :thumbup:

7 seconds off WOW , things are coming together for the big debut at Sydney by the sounds of it :thumbup:......Glad your confidence is growing and cant wait to see the pic's , whoever has them LOL.......Just get em on here :thumbup:

7 seconds sounds like a lot...but i was going pretty bloody slow to start with...still need to get at least another 7-10 seconds off my times to be competitively fast with the really good guys...i think that is a much much much bigger challenge to my skills, and common sense!

:eek:

I was hoping for the mankini...

How would you rate your first track day?? I'm kinda scared to take my bike to the track.

This is actually my second track day....the 1st one was at the same track, but it was a "race school'

Much happier with my second outing...got lots more out of it, and definitely got a lot more confident...rating 9 out of ten...cause i didnt bin it, didnt scare myself, it went from daunting to fun, and by the end of the day i was finding it a lot easier to go faster, safer.

As for taking your street bike to the track...i dont think i would do that now that i have a track bike...but if i did, i would take it very easy...dont think i would be in racing mode....i want to be able to ride my bike every day, and plus i have spent way too much coin on it, so to increase the chances of binning it, scares the poop out of me!

:thumbup:

Yes, we are waiting very impatiently for the pictures, Mike or Jamie...post up! ;)

Yes, we are waiting very impatiently for the pictures, Mike or Jamie...post up! ;)

Hey, you'll all appreciate it more for the suspense:Flip:...lol.

Here...just to tide you all over:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

EDIT.... Rocked around to Wolfman's place last night to drop off the pics and when I got there, he had an awesome knockup from leftovers etc from the BBQ earlier. Yummo! Thanks mate......really hit the spot.

Last edited:
Hey, you'll all appreciate it more for the suspense:Flip:...lol.

Here...just to tide you all over:thumbup:.

Cheers
Mike

EDIT.... Rocked around to Wolfman's place last night to drop off the pics and when I got there, he had an awesome knockup from leftovers etc from the BBQ earlier. Yummo! Thanks mate......really hit the spot.

ok, here's some photo's.....have been slack i know......thanks to Ozzieboy for taking the shots.....

Photo one...home base for the day...Gazza's bike in the foreground, Gazza & me checking tyre pressure's on pinky...my son, sitting on the back of the trailer....being lazy!
View attachment 15464

Photo two...Pinky all set to go out on the track...
View attachment 15465

Photo three...Another FZ6 at the track day!
View attachment 15466

Photo four...some old fat guy on a pink FZ6!
View attachment 15467

Photo five...same fat guy...wobbling his way into turn one!
View attachment 15468

Photo six....got this corner much better sussed, later in the day!
View attachment 15469

Photo seven...wobbling back onto the straight! again!
View attachment 15470

Photo Eight....The Marlboro Man...AKA Stumbles!
View attachment 15471

Photo Nine...turn one again!
View attachment 15472

Photo ten...one more for good measure!
View attachment 15473

Thanks so much Mike....will upload the video you took to youtube and post that later too.

Am also going to get some more photo's from the Professional photographers that were at the track...just gotta find em!

Back