Mallala Ride Day this Saturday...now with piccies!

Nice work guys :thumbup:

Wolfman, maybe you should have packed up the bike & headed to the Simmons Plains ASBK round. Only 3 riders turned up for the FZ6 Cup :( Would have been a good opportunity to grab some points for the championship.

Nice work guys :thumbup:

Wolfman, maybe you should have packed up the bike & headed to the Simmons Plains ASBK round. Only 3 riders turned up for the FZ6 Cup :( Would have been a good opportunity to grab some points for the championship.

Yes as there was only 3 entries, they chucked em in with the 600 Superstock class...only 2 of the 3 FZ6's finished, so if i did decide to pack up anfd go down to Tassie, no matter how slow i was, i would of ended up in 3rd in the Championship...all i would of had to do was not fall off!

But seriously, it does not sound good for the Championship, but it does not make sense that they program 1 of only 4 rounds for this years FZ6 Master Cup in Tasmania...it's like Perth, it's a long way away for much of the field, and in a low cost racing class, most would not be able to justify the expense of travelling down to Tassy......

:confused:

Yes as there was only 3 entries, they chucked em in with the 600 Superstock class...only 2 of the 3 FZ6's finished, so if i did decide to pack up anfd go down to Tassie, no matter how slow i was, i would of ended up in 3rd in the Championship...all i would of had to do was not fall off!

But seriously, it does not sound good for the Championship, but it does not make sense that they program 1 of only 4 rounds for this years FZ6 Master Cup in Tasmania...it's like Perth, it's a long way away for much of the field, and in a low cost racing class, most would not be able to justify the expense of travelling down to Tassy......

:confused:

Mate you have hit the nail on the head there. Yarrive Konsky has limited the number of meetings for the FZ6 Cup to keep the costs down for the competitors & then stages a round in Tassie. Kinda defeats the purpose hey?

Wouldn't it make more sense to run em at Eastern Creek, PI & Mallala & QLD Raceway.
This would still provide a quality series without blowing the bank :confused: Hopefully the next few ronds will see more riders & justify running the National Series :thumbup:

I just realized this was a trackday thread! Nice! Thanks for posting the pics Wolfman and put "trackday" in the title next time plz :D
So how to you feel about the bike so far? This was your second trackday right? same location as the first time? Are you monitoring your lap times? So far I never monitored mine, but I think I'll try to next time we go out (next month)... just to see how I compare to the fast guys :)

ok nevermind about my tracktime question... I just kept reading through the thread and found the answer :spank: :Flash:

Has anyone used racechrono as a lap timer? Its a very accurate lap timing device & a bit safer than when I taped a stopwatch to the tank & hit the lap button everytime I passed the finish line.

All you need is a compatible phone with the racechrono program loaded & a bluetooth GPS receiver. Once you have racechrono on the phone you download each circuit, put the phone in your leathers & tape the GPS reciever to the tail of the bike.
Using GPS gives accurate timing & also postioning on the track. This info gives you average speeds for sections of the track & can even break it down corner by corner, showing lines & speeds.

Find more info here

http://www.racechrono.com/

:thumbup:

Back