Michelin Pilot Road 2's or 3's - Revisit

Michelin Pilot Road 2's or 3's

• Michelin Pilot Road 2's (I've only tried 2's)

Votes: 49 51.6%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2's (I've tried 2's and 3's)

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 3's (I've only tried 3's)

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 3's (I've tried 2's and 3's)

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

happyker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Im VERY curious if the b-spec tires on the Pilot 3's are worth purchasing.... Im assuming they would last longer, but do they take away from sport handling at all? Any other advantages vs disadvantages with the b-specs?

After my cross country trip I have 13k miles on both tires (Pilot Road 3's), Rear is squaring and definitely should be replaced soon.. Its almost hard to tell how much life it has left, its certainly possible I could get a bit more out of them but I rather just replace it as soon as I can.

Front has plenty of tread left and even though Im going to likely replace them as a set I could definitely get at least another 5k miles out of it if not quite a bit more.

The Pilot Road 3's are the only tires Ive had on this bike so I cant really compare it to much else but they seemed to handle quite well in the twisties and such :) I really didnt hit much rain on my trip (except for Arizona monsoon season) and rain always makes me a little nervous so I didnt really test them out too hard when it did, just normal highway riding which they did without any issues.