Mirrors suggestion?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I did some searching on this forum and cannot seem to find a solution to the stock mirrors.

After riding for a few hundred miles, I came to realize there has to be better mirrors than the stock ones on there now.

I see some of the road behind me and a whole lot of the sleeves of the fieldsheer jacket I just bought!

What I want in new mirrors is:

1) Better view of what's behind me
2) Signal indicators
3) I want them to look good as if there were made for the bike

I would like to hear how you all went about modding the mirrors.. if you could please suggest which ones would fit, are of good quality, and possbly where to buy them.

Thanks all...
FB

djstrong

Reaction score
Visit site
I also am looking for the exact same requirements as you. Hope there are some FZ6ers who can help us out.

The searches I did came up empty as far as finding something I like. So many of the aftermarket mirrors are for style, more than function.

I ordered a low priced bar end mirror set. I plan to install just one so I can use that for rear view, and keep the stock mirrors. I realize it won't look "fantastic", but for $20 I thought I would give it a try. I'm hoping the extra mirror can be placed far enough out so I can see straight back.

Regards,
DJ
2009 FZ6

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Age old problem, and not many great-looking fixes for it.
You could go the bar-end mirrors...

Bar-end%20Mirrors.jpg

You won't get the indicators with it that you want, and not great looking... But.. You'll be able to see behind you :)

Rizoma do some nice bar-ends too, but they're not cheap...
PJs Parts

BS070Bx.jpg

Could get something like that and add in some LED's for indicators??

:rockon:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Universal carbon motorcycle mirror with LED indicator Motorcycle mirror CN;ZHE p

These seem good,but have a minimum order so maybe a group buy?

I got a set of these early last year...they are really cheap and nasty, quite honestly, and do not look good on the bike.
They do not have the range of adjustment that you're looking for and are actually worse than the OEM mirrors for rearward vision. One of the mirror bodies actually cracked when I adjusted it during the "test" ride. I went back to the OEM mirrors after one ride.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a set of these early last year...they are really cheap and nasty, quite honestly, and do not look good on the bike.
They do not have the range of adjustment that you're looking for and are actually worse than the OEM mirrors for rearward vision. One of the mirror bodies actually cracked when I adjusted it during the "test" ride. I went back to the OEM mirrors after one ride.
+1 to this. They were better than the stock mirrors on my last bike, but they sucked and were also 5 years old. Also, they didn't stick up at the same angle as hours. I think the FZ6 mirrors are some of the best I've seen on a bike. Try experimenting with the adjustment.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site

I agree completely. I bought those same mirror signals. They looked and felt cheap, and I couldn't get them to work reliably.

I have these mirrors.

CRG Bar End Mirrors - webBikeWorld

Webbikeworld has other good reviews to check out. You might find what you are looking for. I also ran across this set up that looks cool and also widens your profile for oncoming traffic to see you more easily:

Oberon "Bar End" Turn Signals - Ducati Monster Forums: Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum

SimonP

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up some late fz1 mirrors for my naked fz6 in black they look much better and more importantly no vibration and better rear vision. Not as cool as bar end mirrors but id break them on my wall anyway! No indicators though.

Last edited:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I dunow... don't some of the R6 and GSXR bikes have good mirrors? how much modding would it take to use a set of those?

heath_AU

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i totally know what you mean. Those crappy tinny awkward looking mirrors look so out of place on a bike that looks as tough as the fz6n.
I would be keen to get me a decent set too but if you are looking online you will find only really cheap chinese crap (that end up being tiny) or you will have to shell out some big money for some proper quality ones (bar ends etc)
As for the indicator, good luck with that. I dont really think they would suit a naked. More of a tourer thing.
I have looked around and seems the best option is to grab some OEM mirrors from another bike. Does anyone know if the fz6n has 8mm or 10mm threads on the mirror?
cheers
Heath

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a '08 Fz and after the wife dropped it in the front yard (stupid story) I found myself in need of mirrors....Long story short, a set of replacement '06 R6 mirrors were the ticket at $20 each. They sit lower and wider on the fairing so it doesn't look like antennae on a bug anymore.
Guess pics would help

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
picture.php

Best pic I have of the mirrors, but you can see how they don't stick up high like OEM
Wow! Those are much lower. A pic from the rider's viewpoint and from the front would be really helpful. Is the visibility behind as good with the stock levers? Do they stick out past the barends?

Cheers

whyjay

Road Rash
Reaction score
Visit site
8221_1247898478986_1275153610_727470_4723067_n.jpg

A better pic of the mirrors from the front
Visibility is good of the lanes next to you ( no shoulder shots )

Last edited: