mod or different bike?

im not looking to outperform in the straight line as mentioned in my OP. i would like a bit more acceleration tho.

You can get a big boost in acceleration from just changing the sprockets. Do the standard one tooth down in the front and two teeth up in the back. You will tell the difference. Of coarse doing this makes wheelies a lot easier too.:D

true. im 5'11".

only thing is tho that i sorta have a bad back. i would like to still ride as much as i can. i fear going to sport that the bike would be staying in mostly and only come out on occasion as opposed to the fz coming out for any ideal commute.

Main selling point for me was the sweet ergo's... The bike is fast enough to get anyone who isn't paying attention in trouble, so that is all anyone really needs. As for the turning question... 6"2 or so and roughly 280lbs, and I can stay with a buddy on a cbr 600 f4i who weighs half of me. Just keep her rev'ing happy and she'll keep you grinning. Well, until you see the flashing lights behind you... ;)

true. im 5'11".

only thing is tho that i sorta have a bad back. i would like to still ride as much as i can. i fear going to sport that the bike would be staying in mostly and only come out on occasion as opposed to the fz coming out for any ideal commute.

I believe you just answered your own dilemma. Sport bike would kill your back. Try leaning over on the FZ all day and see how you feel after, because a sport bike has no real room to move around like we can.

I went from 89.4hp at the rear wheel, stock, to 98.4hp at the rear wheel, wit a Oil Filter, Two Brothers Pipes, 98 octane fuel (only fuel i run) and a lot of work on the dyno...

I say mod the FZ....Once you do all the good stuff, suspension, brakes - braided lines, levers, rearsets, PC111, filter, Exhaust...you will have a bike that is very unique, and a hell of a lot of fun to ride...

:thumbup:

I came to the FZ6 after a 1000cc Ducati, I thought I would miss the acceleration and mid range, and although nice to have, I don't miss it. Depends on your priorities. The FZ6 is far more usable than a lot of bikes, I think I would be tempted by an FZ1 though.

dont get me wrong, i love this bike. it's great all around. it's rare and unique. great looks and power. it's been treating me really well as my first street bike so far.

however, im an enthusiast when it comes to motorsports. cars, bikes (street and off-road), jet ski's, you name it...so when the right time and opportunity come along, i may decide to change it up a bit for my own personnel satisfaction. whether that be that i can mod or just trying something totally different.

so im having thoughts about going for a PC, K&N, and possible tune for the bike by around the springtime. and maybe a bellypan.

OR, possibly, (putting on the flame suit), a suzuki gsx-r600.

yes yes, and i understand the common conceptual approach of "well how much power do you need?" but for me, it's not about making the most power or what top speed i can get, rather, just knowing that i have some extra potential. and i also admire a good amount of acceleration.

thanks.

go for it! I rode my x's leftover 07 and even though its a 600, its still night and day to the fiz as far as that motor goes. Life is short, go for it. I've had my fz6 for about 8 months which is almost a record for me lol Its a great bike but I wish she had another 15hp

oh man! the back and forth. making it harder for me to decide. LoL.

yeah i know im feeling to try something different. but it could be just some mods that could do the trick. or maybe not enough and it would be better going for a whole new perspective :confused:

the way I see it, is if you mod it, it is your own. If you buy it you may see yourself coming and going because you bike is not unique. But the desicion is yours my friend.

I prefer "built not bought" :thumbup:

If it still isn't fast enough, come to sarasota and talk to johnny turbo, he can make it faster for ya!

good call. yeah a modded unique bike is more respectable and appreciated in my opinion.

more mods available for our bikes then a sport bike you think?

good call. yeah a modded unique bike is more respectable and appreciated in my opinion.

more mods available for our bikes then a sport bike you think?

well depending on the bike you can get chromed out extended swingarms, annodized chain guards, and fat tire kits for most SS bikes but not ours so I say they have more to chose from. But I have seen wayyyy more GSXR 600's/CBR600's/ZX600's in person than I ever have FZ6's :thumbup:

I was struggling with this myself very recently. Came to the conclusion that I can ride my FZ in the middle of it's capacity pretty well. On the upper end of that capacity, well, we're really not talking about riding within the written laws of the road. (At least roads around here, anyway)

The way I like to wring out the revs on my bike there is NO WAY I need a faster scoot. I'm putting the extra money that would be spent into better tires, stainless braided brake lines, and someday upgraded suspension. I get all the speed I need from 600cc's. :thumbup:

This is all just my opinion but no matter what you have you'll want it "faster". Straight line acceleration gets old quick. It doesn't matter what bike you have it will lose it's snap and not feel as fast. You lose that stimulus and want to upgrade. But taking a SS bike and putting it on the street shouldn't cure your go fast itch because you should never ride a bike hard enough on the street to push a SS bike to what it can do. Whether it's a 600cc, 750cc or 1000cc.

Follow Wavex's example and get a track only SS bike to ride as hard and fast as you like. When you crash it, it won't take everything from you. You'll probably walk away and won't having to worry about an insurance claim. Then take the FZ6, mod it and make it your own. You can make the FZ6 a sweet bike that can hold its own and make any ride a pretty damn fun one.

Your wallet and your life will thank you.

im 75% sure im going to keep it and just do some slight modding here and there.

went for a ride couple times this weekend (amazing weather for this time of year here in the new england region), and it's truly a marvel. i have reencountered with my senses as to why I chose this in the first place to begin with.

as you can imagine with the nice warm weather, there were many other bikers out and about around here as we are limited to the amount we can ride during the year due to the weather. and my bike is just so unique and i feel so comfortable riding with it. i dont think i should give this up and end up making a decision i would regret.

thank you all for the reassurance of my, our, beast fazers! LoL

Back