More mods done on the cheap

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Spent Sunday doing a few modifications to my 'faster blue' model.
I finished painting my windscreen, painted the radiator covers, and did my own version of a 'FE' kit - that may not look as good as a carbon fiber kit, but it looks much better than stock - imho.

Here are some pics...

The windscreen as seen from the front:
windscreen.jpg

The windscreen as seen from the 'inside'
insidewindscreen.jpg

One of the painted radiator covers:
(It also seems that someone asked recently what the blue purolator pure one oil filter looked like on the bike - this is the larger one p/n PL14610)
filterandradcover.jpg

Here is what I did to the stock fender...from the rear I removed the metal plate bracket that was actually wider than the plate, attached the plate to the plastic. Then I cut off quite a bit of the plastic below the plate mounting point.
100_4876.jpg

Here it is as seen from the backside:
100_4877.jpg

Here it as seen from the side - note that I also removed both of the side reflectors...
100_4875.jpg

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Well - both actually....because the paint that I used first did not work very well on the inside it was cracking and splitting - so I removed it but the plastic was left cloudy in places - I then used Krylon Fusion (meant for use on plastic) and it looked much better but some of the cloudiness was still visible on the outside...so another coat on the outside and now it looks much better. Did not want to paint the outside but - oh well.

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
check out my gallery to see what the rear pegs and muffler covers would look like painted.

Would like to do that - but I can not seem to find it...I looked under "Members Albums" and in the "Gallery" with no luck - so where I am overlooking it like a dum-azz?

trampld

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link and thanks for pointing me in that direction madman...

That looks pretty sharp - I was already planning to do the pegs, will now have to consider the cover as well...