Motec/Givi setup

FZ-B

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered the Motec/Givi setup, anyone have any experience with this setup on a bike with a fender eliminator?

I ordered them from twisted throttle. I have heard this said before, but the application is plainly listed on their site.

I just did this setup on my 07 and it was pretty easy to install. I think you will have to make a few mods with the FE though because the back attachment point on both sides attach to the stock licence plate holder. Good luck and please post pics because I would love to get ris of the stock fender.

well.. i have the motec side rack setup with the fender eliminator and never have had any problems. I could throw the racks on later and snap some pictures if it would help...

E21 Monokey. A friend has them on his 919 and they are a good size for most of my needs. I will probably keep them om most of the time....nice having a trunk!

that explains it. The V35's are the ones that won't allow sw-motech racks to fit the 2004-2006's.

has to be my fav mod.. if your interested in more brake light to atach to the upper L peices, check out the hyperlite brake kit. really lights up the back end especially when all the bags are on. :thumbup:

has to be my fav mod.. if your interested in more brake light to atach to the upper L peices, check out the hyperlite brake kit. really lights up the back end especially when all the bags are on. :thumbup:

If I have a complaint, it's the unfinished look of the turn signals. Being that the whole setup is removable in about a minute is cool but the turn signals negate that without a mod.

turn signals?? or just where they got relocated??

i ended up getting an fe kit and still use my original turn signals.. the "signal relocation peice" just kinda floats.. ill have to throw it on today and get some pictures too.. so other people know what the heck we're talking about..

As promised...PICS. Just had her detailed professionally and she's about as clean as she's been since purchased new!

701416e7.jpg

5917f3cf.jpg

ca56d342.jpg

aa3e20b0.jpg

de10b189.jpg

64c73364.jpg

d224a62b.jpg

6b5b25ed.jpg

I also did the reflective wheel stripe, which should help my night time visibility!

I love the Motec racks. I really like the fact that they can be removed so quickly. The only caveat to this is to be able to do so quickly you would have to modify the turn signals a bit for an easy switch. Perhaps having two sets, one set on the mounting hardware and one on the fender with a switchable plug. I may do this in the future, but honestly I don't think I'll be removing them. The convenience of having a lockable "trunk" is too valuble, especially since I always have my GPS on board.

The Givi cases are nice, but not the nicest. Closing them and locking requires a double check as they feel closed but may not be.....I almost lost some goods a few days ago! A friend has them and reports they don't get wet inside, even during a heavy rain. They have nicer models that fit these racks and I may investigate in the future.

The unfinished look with the turn signals is kind of a sticking point with me. I have a few ideas using an oem fender to create a piece that looks finished. Report on that soon.

All told, hard luggage for under $500 is nice. It looks nice, almost factory, and is very convenient.

looks just like mine except for the fender.. i love my e21's.. very very functional, but your right.. you do have to check to make sure they are closed.. congrats on the setup, you'll love it for years to come..

Back