[movie] Capitalism a love story

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
The other day I was watching Capitalism, a love story by Michael Moore. Quite suitable for discussion in this forum.

If you didn't already read up on the credit crunch, how banking works, what money really is today and who control it then it's an insightful movie. Otherwise it's a bit superficial and states many things you already know, it never goes into much detail. Still I think it's a good movie to let the general public know what's going on. Bottom line is that the gap between haves and have-nots is getting bigger, middle class is eroding. It starts with stating that similair events led to the demise of the Roman empire which is a nice touch imo. Conclusion is that "we the people" need to get the power back from the banks and rich elites who have hi-jacked democracy. (It's more or less the same in all western countries). Hopefully the Obama administration is able to do this, a huge task considering the amount of money/power they are up against.

Finally I'd like to quote Thomas Jefferson:
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The
issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to
whom it properly belongs.
Quote Details: Thomas Jefferson: I believe that banking... - The Quotations Page