My Convert FZ6 (Im not a pro painter be warned)

ReggieUK

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so I thought I would share my FZ6 build I did last year. I found this bike that had taken a fall and was in a bit of a state.

I always wanted a naked FZ6 so I thought this was the perfect project.

I had a go and I think it turn out alright :0

57_1.jpg

57_2.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Attachments

• P4A4q6K.jpg
    P4A4q6K.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 218
  • UEtCMW1.jpg
    UEtCMW1.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are happy, it's all good!!! Paint away!
What products did you use? What was the process?

I've been lucky enough to be able to powder coat many components. The stuff is very durable!

Anyone with an air compressor should pick up on the process. It is fun and rewarding.

ReggieUK

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Those wheels burned my eyeballs I think.

HaHa yeah I do choose mad colors for most my wheels on my bikes, I was just having a bit of fun with this bike in all honesty. It was such a dog when I bought it and I never intend to sell it, so I decided to let my girlfriend choose the wheel color Blah

Pujazuba

Testing...gnitseT
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job on the transformation. The wheel color is painful to me though!
If you shine the exhaust manifold it will look a whole lot flashier!
One crazy idea for the forks is spraying them Öhlins style golden!

ReggieUK

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job on the transformation. The wheel color is painful to me though!
If you shine the exhaust manifold it will look a whole lot flashier!
One crazy idea for the forks is spraying them Öhlins style golden!

Yeah the wheels are a little bright hehe. I do plan on r6/r1 usd forks in the future, saying that I have a set of 1000 k8 forks in the garage might see if that could fit. As for the manifold i have been watching vids on youtube of people using bleach to clean them so might give that ago.

Pujazuba

Testing...gnitseT
Reaction score
Visit site
^Will have to try that myself! The poo stained manifold of mine usually bother me more when I am looking at the bike, not when riding it hehe. But it is the central bling bling feature on the FZ so maybe worth more attention.
Btw, isn't there a special product for chrome finish parts? And would that be safe to use on the manifold to protect it given that it gets quite hot.

ReggieUK

Reaction score
Visit site
^Will have to try that myself! The poo stained manifold of mine usually bother me more when I am looking at the bike, not when riding it hehe. But it is the central bling bling feature on the FZ so maybe worth more attention.
Btw, isn't there a special product for chrome finish parts? And would that be safe to use on the manifold to protect it given that it gets quite hot.

check this vid out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXcM6g-JaBo

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Pujazuba

Testing...gnitseT
Reaction score
Visit site

Actually there are quite a lot of guys doing this on a Dutch motorcycle facebook group i'm subscribed to and it seems to work well, one of the guys is keeping tabs on it to see if it stays like that (and doesn't prematurely rust/darken again) :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip. It sure looks like it is awfully effective and easy. Gotta try it.
Yesterday I decided to test dish washing liquid with a sponge just for the sake of it and it did squat, although the foam got yellow from the pipe stains.
Now I'm wondering if laundry Varnish would do anything since that's sitting on the shelf waiting to be useful. :D