My Fazer

simonwb

Back in black
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pix, thanks for posting.

What make is the belly pan/where from?

What colour are the wheel rim strips - white or silver (can't always tell from pix)?

I agree with Bagzter, tail tidy would look great :D. I have R&G, fits ok around Devil pipes.

Simon

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pix, thanks for posting.

What make is the belly pan/where from?

What colour are the wheel rim strips - white or silver (can't always tell from pix)?

I agree with Bagzter, tail tidy would look great :D. I have R&G, fits ok around Devil pipes.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Got the belly pan from Yamaha about three years ago.

Think the rim strips are white but don't quote me on that as they do seem a bit silvery on the bike.

Gadget

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All

I know this thread is a old but I'm hoping some of you are still active on here!

Basically I'm teetering on the edge of buying the TCPHolland seat cowl but I have a question about the fitting. Does it screw to the seat or to the bike frame directly under the seat. I'm just wonder when this puppy is installed and one needs to take the seat off then do you have to unscrew the seat cowl every time before you can do this and if so how long does this take? I use my bike for commuting and I keep my disc lock and chain under my seat so don't want to have to deal with unscrewing the seat cowl twice a day.

Would really appreciate your help guys!

Darren

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All

I know this thread is a old but I'm hoping some of you are still active on here!

Basically I'm teetering on the edge of buying the TCPHolland seat cowl but I have a question about the fitting. Does it screw to the seat or to the bike frame directly under the seat. I'm just wonder when this puppy is installed and one needs to take the seat off then do you have to unscrew the seat cowl every time before you can do this and if so how long does this take? I use my bike for commuting and I keep my disc lock and chain under my seat so don't want to have to deal with unscrewing the seat cowl twice a day.

Darren
Unfortunately you have to remove the cowl before you can get the seat off. The Yamaha one uses catches to hold it to the seat and would be better for you. Just not as nice.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep. One screw either side, so only two in total, but would be a pain if you had to do it all the time. I've just re-installed mine after not using it for the past 3 years.

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All

Basically I'm teetering on the edge of buying the TCPHolland seat cowl but I have a question about the fitting. Does it screw to the seat or to the bike frame directly under the seat. I'm just wonder when this puppy is installed and one needs to take the seat off then do you have to unscrew the seat cowl every time before you can do this and if so how long does this take? I use my bike for
commuting and I keep my disc lock and chain under my seat so don't want to have to deal with unscrewing the seat cowl twice a day.

Darren

Hi Gadget, two Alan key bolts hold down the cowl, takes about a minute to take off but it would get on my nerves doing that twice a day. What I have on my bike is a small Handle bar bag to keep my disc lock in.:thumbup:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Gadget, two Alan key bolts hold down the cowl, takes about a minute to take off but it would get on my nerves doing that twice a day. What I have on my bike is a small Handle bar bag to keep my disc lock in.:thumbup:
I do exactly the same. You can get magnetic tank bags of all sizes. I use this one as it holds my disc lock, phone, keys and wallet perfectly. Plus, I have the waterproof satnav attachment for it.

I wouldn't want to have to take my seat off every day. That lock is not very strong, plus I've left my keys in the lock a few times when doing that! I just keep tools and things I only need in emergencies under my seat.

Also, if you undo the two screws twice a days, the threads will get ruined in no time.

Gadget

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey

Thanks for the responses everyone. Do you thing it's possible to mount the fixing brackets to the underneath of the seat instead of the bike so the two would come off together?

Nice idea about the magnetic tank bag but I'm going to buy a leather bagster tank cover soon so that idea won't work either.

Hmm...?

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey

Thanks for the responses everyone. Do you thing it's possible to mount the fixing brackets to the underneath of the seat instead of the bike so the two would come off together?

Nice idea about the magnetic tank bag but I'm going to buy a leather bagster tank cover soon so that idea won't work either.

Hmm...?
No. The seat cowl also hooks underneath the grab handles that are not part of the saddle.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey

Hmm...?
You can get various bags that strap onto the bagster cover or onto the fuel cap. That will cover you.