My first bike - fz6r

jdesiano1

Up to no Good
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks awesome! Is that a cowling or just the sun over the passenger seat. I wondered about pink rims - hubby has awesome red rims on his ZX14.

Its a seat cowl! if you aren't going to have a passenger I totally recommend it. Only thing is you bolt the latch from your rear seat onto the cowl so there is no quick switch out.

H

her24gl

Hey Ladies!!!

Great to see everyone here. Love it that we've got a place to call our own... and yeah, I guess the guys can visit too! *grin*

It's so great to see such an active group of women "pilots". There are not many women (although some) who ride a Goldwing, so whenever I found one, it was a great joy! Most were just passengers on their husbands/SO's bikes.

While I like white bikes, I was disappointed with this white, due to the definately "female-oriented" colors. Like one of the other posters, since this is my first sportbike, I'm looking at re-sale value. Since there are definately more men than women riders, to take the chance at going with such a color scheme dramatically limits to whom the bike would appeal later. Cutting out more than half the market didn't seem like a risk I was willing to take. BUT, as I said, I do like the white.

Question for Jess -- Since I'm new to the sportbike world, I'm going to ask a silly question... but... what is a seat cowl??? LOL! Is it a hard lid that turns what used to be the seat into a little storage compartment? You said it was bolted on, but does it have a hinge and would open? THAT would be way too cool.

I know with the Wing's, we have an annual national rally every year during July 4th week. Do Yamaha, the FZ6's, or now FZ6R's, have a similar rally where everyone on the boards might get a chance to meet, and/or ride together?

Anyone that has experience with these boards, who can offer tips, tricks, and information on all the benefits and great ways to use it, please send me a private message and let me know. I see many of you with special fonts, special sayings, etc., etc. I'm just not sure how to go about doing all those things, and would appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. I think I just figured out how to get it to email me if someone replies in a thread I create, but not sure.

Sorry for the long-winded post. It's raining and I can't ride.... :D

howzmyroost

Reaction score
Visit site
To offer some hope for resale on the white with black and pink...this colour scheme is not offered in Canada as far as I know...so you may be able to find a chick up there who would love it...

msgirle

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike! I have the same exact one! I LOVE IT! :)

24vof1x.jpg

Its awsome!!!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and nice bike! :thumbup: I actually got to see that in person at our local Yammy shop and it is really sharp!!