My new FZ6!

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay... It's not really new... I bought it last year, but two weeks ago I put on 1 kg Racetech fork springs with heavier fork oil, FZ1 bars, aluminum grips, and bar end mirrors, and mirror block off plates. Now it rides likes like a completely different bike. I'm a big guy, so there's no more front end dive on bumps. The FZ1 bars are so much more comfortable, it's unbelievable. I don't know if it's just me, but the bike corners so much easier now. Not sure if it's the bars or the springs, or maybe both. The mirrors are different and it took me a little bit to get used to them, but I love not having the stock mirros in my main view and I can actually see behind me now without seeing my elbows! After the install the bike sat there for about 2 weeks with snow and ice on the ground. So I finally got to ride it today, and wow, what a difference! It feels like a new bike!

Here are some pics after I drove to work today:

20130307_173251_zpsb7e7fcfe.jpg

20130307_173229_zps1092bed5.jpg

20130307_173314_zps3c126cc9.jpg

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweetness, out of curiosity what bags to you have on it in that pic?

They're the Givi T492. Love them. They are designed to work with the Givi rack, however they work fine for me without it. I just bunge them to the footpeg and subframe.

I love that seat.:thumbup:

Thanks, me too! TS... Very comfy! I couldn't ride more than an hour with the stock seat. With the TS, I can ride all day!

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
They're the Givi T492. Love them. They are designed to work with the Givi rack, however they work fine for me without it. I just bunge them to the footpeg and subframe.

Can you get some more pictures of the bags? Why do you like them so much? I'm considering those but thought I would need the racks.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you get some more pictures of the bags? Why do you like them so much? I'm considering those but thought I would need the racks.

Got some pics for you. I mostly like them because of their size. I wanted something a little bigger than most saddlebags, which are usually about 20 liters each. These are 28 liters each, expandable to 35. Since I use the bike as my main transportation for 9-10 months a year, these bags are the perfect size for hauling groceries or clothes from the mall, or most things I would buy from most stores I go to. They also look great on the bike, so I don't plan on removing them when not in use.

I have a Kriega US20 tail bag, that I will may never use again, because these bags are so much easier. The Kriega is fully waterproof, however these bags include waterproof covers. I've ridden in a torrential down pore for an hour and everything inside stayed completely dry. My only problem with them is that they fit so securely, with the straps under the seat, they would be a pain to remove and replace. So for long trips I guess I just need to put my stuff in plastic bags or something for easy removal. I haven't done a long trip with these on yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out when I do.

If you're planning on using the Givi rack system, you might as well get the hard bags. That is, if you got the cash for it. Originally I didn't want it because I thought I would keep the hard cases off when not in use, and I hated the look of the bike with the racks on without the cases (plus I have a fender eliminator, so there's another issue with the racks). After having these saddlebags, and wanting to keep them on all the time, I do kind of wish I had the Givi hard cases and the rack system. Of course the cost of these saddle bags were only 150 bucks from revzilla, so that's another factor. I don't know if many people have bought these bags, cause I'm still the only reviewer on revzilla! LOL

20130308_134746_zpsb039ee90.jpg

20130308_134736_zps50b5c460.jpg

dec220aa-a1da-4ef6-8da7-167676003012_zps42daade8.jpg

FIZSIX

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great, im not a fan of saddle bags just because of the looks but everything else looks awesome. I would like to do something similar. Where ya pick up your FZ1 bars?

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Got some pics for you. I mostly like them because of their size. I wanted something a little bigger than most saddlebags, which are usually about 20 liters each. These are 28 liters each, expandable to 35. Since I use the bike as my main transportation for 9-10 months a year, these bags are the perfect size for hauling groceries or clothes from the mall, or most things I would buy from most stores I go to. They also look great on the bike, so I don't plan on removing them when not in use.

I have a Kriega US20 tail bag, that I will may never use again, because these bags are so much easier. The Kriega is fully waterproof, however these bags include waterproof covers. I've ridden in a torrential down pore for an hour and everything inside stayed completely dry. My only problem with them is that they fit so securely, with the straps under the seat, they would be a pain to remove and replace. So for long trips I guess I just need to put my stuff in plastic bags or something for easy removal. I haven't done a long trip with these on yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out when I do.

If you're planning on using the Givi rack system, you might as well get the hard bags. That is, if you got the cash for it. Originally I didn't want it because I thought I would keep the hard cases off when not in use, and I hated the look of the bike with the racks on without the cases (plus I have a fender eliminator, so there's another issue with the racks). After having these saddlebags, and wanting to keep them on all the time, I do kind of wish I had the Givi hard cases and the rack system. Of course the cost of these saddle bags were only 150 bucks from revzilla, so that's another factor. I don't know if many people have bought these bags, cause I'm still the only reviewer on revzilla! LOL

Thanks very much for the pictures and the in depth review.