My new (old) 2007 FZ6 S2 build thread

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
Finished doing the headlight mod. The one thing I did a bit differently than what I've seen most people do; I swapped out the H7 bulb for an H4.

So I'm running dual H4s, wired with a low beam and high beam. Looks really good and doesn't require any modifications to the headlight housings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 9.35.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 9.35.22 PM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
Finished doing the headlight mod. The one thing I did a bit differently than what I've seen most people do; I swapped out the H7 bulb for an H4.

So I'm running dual H4s, wired with a low beam and high beam. Looks really good and doesn't require any modifications to the headlight housings.

For anyone interesting in doing what I did (running dual H4 bulbs), here is all you need:

H7 adapter sockets: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RC4K2YG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
H4 bulbs I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFPQMGH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Might want to make sure the LB's turn off when the HB's activate and vice versa.

Many folks doing a "short cut" find out both elements in one bulb are functioning at the SAME TIME-Which is not good..

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
Might want to make sure the LB's turn off when the HB's activate and vice versa.

Many folks doing a "short cut" find out both elements in one bulb are functioning at the SAME TIME-Which is not good..

Yep! It was the first thing I checked when I tested it. Works as designed, when you hit the high beam switch the low beam (reflected) LED shuts off and the unreflected filament/LED is on. :cool:

fazerkid78

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Partzilla and Bikebandit still have a lot of stock pieces in stock. I just ordered a couple of fairing moldings from them if you are looking for NOS pieces

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
how did you actually do the mod? ( you have parts just not the how)

I'll create a short youtube video on it. But its pretty simple. LED headlight bulbs have the same form factor and you can swap out the H4 socket that comes with the bulb to fit a number of bulb types. So the most challenging bit was buying a number of different adapter sockets to find one that worked best.

After the H7 adapter socket is installed on the H4 LED bulb, you only need to run a 14 gauge wire spliced off the high beam wire (black with yellow stripe). In a nutshell, you're doing the exact same mod to run dual low beams, but adding 1 more wire for the high beam.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep! It was the first thing I checked when I tested it. Works as designed, when you hit the high beam switch the low beam (reflected) LED shuts off and the unreflected filament/LED is on. :cool:
Looks great! What LED H4's did you use. Link? I'm pretty sure that most LED H4 replacements do the Hi/Lo switching automatically regardless of the low beam signal turning off or not. When the LED controller sees the Hi beam signal it switches off the Lo beam LED.

Last edited:

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
Well, I was hoping to have the new cowling this week. I ordered it back in March when I got the bike. The most recent ETA (prior to today) was June 9th. Today, Partzilla just updated the ETA from the 9th to "no current ETA". Crossing fingers its not another 3 months, but it is what it is. I'll just have to keep busy on other projects :D

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 9.21.38 AM.png

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I was hoping to have the new cowling this week. I ordered it back in March when I got the bike. The most recent ETA (prior to today) was June 9th. Today, Partzilla just updated the ETA from the 9th to "no current ETA". Crossing fingers its not another 3 months, but it is what it is. I'll just have to keep busy on other projects :D

View attachment 74269
Have you checked ronayers.com. Maybe they have it?

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
OK, I have a favor to ask the forum. I ordered a new inner panel surround for the instrument cluster (4S8-2836K-00-00) and the part I received was partially split down the middle. I called Partzilla and they shipped me a NEW panel and it was also split down the middle (though in this case, was split into 2 halves).

Am i crazy or this is only supposed to be a single piece of abs plastic? Whats the odds of me getting back to back defective parts???

Attachments

• IMG_3502.JPG
    IMG_3502.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 27

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Their sending you panels for the S1 model, not your '07 S2.

See below pic's:

2005 model (2 piece)

View attachment 74385

2007 model (one piece):

View attachment 74386

I can assure you that the picture is NOT the S1 surround. You can see the shape of the S2 speedo in the photo. Perhaps they redesigned the part? All you S2 owners..... Anyone have a 2 piece inner cowl?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Attachments

• S1 inner panel.jpg
    S1 inner panel.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Zoom in on the pic in post #34..

I think it is for an S2 but looking at the middle up close, it appears to be cracked in half. At the very top is a busted pin of some sort..

Seth, can you take both halves of what you have now (new) and set them in place. I suspect they'll tuck in. Also, look at the center edge closely. Does it appear to be broke or a nice even, designed that way split..