My new (old) 2007 FZ6 S2 build thread

Seth Wilson

Site Supporter
Reaction score
twitter.com
Good suggestion, Scott.

I took both halves and placed them on the bike and yes, its definitely the right (S2) part. Its just defective. Makes we wonder if a batch of these somehow fell off the forklift or were stacked improperly, cracking them down the middle.

Another RMA, keep you posted when inner surround #3 arrives :D

Attachments

• IMG_3503.JPG
    IMG_3503.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 27

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad it got figured out.

When / if re-ordering, I'll tell, over the phone, the sales person what is happening and see if they can
contact their shipping dept as to NOT ship a "two piece" S2 part..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good suggestion, Scott.

I took both halves and placed them on the bike and yes, its definitely the right (S2) part. Its just defective. Makes we wonder if a batch of these somehow fell off the forklift or were stacked improperly, cracking them down the middle.

Another RMA, keep you posted when inner surround #3 arrives :D
Glad it got figured out.

When / if re-ordering, I'll tell, over the phone, the sales person what is happening and see if they can
contact their shipping dept as to NOT ship a "two piece" S2 part..

Is that break clean or does it look like it's been broken? Could it be made in 2 pieces now?

Never mind... I zoomed in on the image. Broken....

Eroc77

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought a naked front headlight kit for a bike that was wrecked and trying to rebuild. How does the front speedometer bracket mount to the forks? It is a 2005 but I am putting the 2007 speedo S2 on it. Any ideas?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You will have to fabricate a bracket. I suggest using a piece of 0.040 (minimum) 2024 and shaping/bending that into a bracket. On the bottom side of the upper triple clamp there is a location for an M6 fastner to mount your bracket.

Eroc77

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the new bracket that the kit came with and I will try to make it fit. It came with everything else so that’s a plus. I didn’t realize the yolk is different between model years.