My new purchase... moving in a new direction

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been going more and more off the beaten track on my FZ6 as of lately and have been passing by trail entrances I wish I could follow. My dad's been a BMW guy for the past 4 years or so and I've been following their lineup for a little while now. I called the dealership to ask about some of their promotions they've got right now as there were some attractive financing options.

Well that short conversation turned to what they had for used inventory, and 8 hours later I found myself test riding this and putting down a deposit.

Its a 2015 F800 GSA, it was bought new in November 2015 and came with every single option available, the owner also installed upgraded skip plate, better and bigger crash bars, a Leo Vince pipe, plus some other stuff, I really got a steal of a deal considering this was $27,000 CAD as built when new and its only got 9,000 km on it with over 2 years of full warranty left. With what they were asking for it I couldn't pass on such a good deal.

I'm looking forward to the heated grips, 490 km range, and general increase in comfort, I was worried about the height as this is the tallest bike BMW makes with a 35" seat height but it was totally doable and I didnt feel the the height or increased weight at all. Super exciting to be picking it up early next week. I'll still lurk around here but I might be making more of a name for myself over on ADVrider now haha

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I've had my 700GS for a little over a year now and really love it!
And I've stuck around cause of off the great members on this forum...hope you will too
>>>>lytehouse on AdvRider too :thumbup:

broody

Reaction score
Visit site
I come back from a trip in eastern Canada and it's crazy how almost 100% of the motorcycle travelers (aside from goldwing baby boomers) have a BMW f something or rg, as if it was illegal to make long distances with a Japanese bike

Nice bike though, I'm trying the f800r soon.