My Ute

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Way to hot for the bike today,42c at my place so I went for a drive in the A/C,lol
Anyways, thought I might show you guys my cage.
Its a 2011 ve ssv ute, 6lt 6 speed manual in Voodoo Blue and a hell of a lot of fun !

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice Mick! :rockon: We don't have the Ute here in the US. but I know what it is from hanging out with aussiejules when he was here visiting and got got married to Debs. He talked a little about it.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love it! We used to have utes in the states (though they were never called that), but not in a very long time.

1973_El_camino.jpg

There's a company in the states which converts a Pontiac G8 to a ute, but conversion cost is $40k!

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mick, what powerplant is in that beast?

State side Ford had the Ranchero and Chevrolet the El-Camino. Both vanished in the early 80's. I still have a 72 GT... 351c.i. Cleveland V8. But shes been in storage for the last 10yr...View attachment 55848

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love it! We used to have utes in the states (though they were never called that), but not in a very long time.

There's a company in the states which converts a Pontiac G8 to a ute, but conversion cost is $40k!

I knew you would like it mate :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mick, what powerplant is in that beast?

State side Ford had the Ranchero and Chevrolet the El-Camino. Both vanished in the early 80's. I still have a 72 GT... 351c.i. Cleveland V8. But shes been in storage for the last 10yr...View attachment 55848

Wow!! That thing is a beauty! Why such long storage? Waiting to restore it some day or just saving it till it appreciates to its fullest potential?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow!! That thing is a beauty! Why such long storage? Waiting to restore it some day or just saving it till it appreciates to its fullest potential?

//Derail -
Its lines come from the Torino of the same era. You might recall I sold my 73 Fast Back to Universal Studios for the Fast and the Furious 4... Yes, I still regret that too. :(:(:( Life seems to be all about change.
I owned the Ranchero, found a Torino, sold the car to my parents. My Mom drove it for the 20 years and she recently past so Its back in my hands. I used to work at paint shop in my teens and 20's. The Chero was the first complete paint job I'd done all by my self. Dupont Century and its still holding up well some 30 years later. Sadly the door is rusting on one side and I think it ate the camshaft, hence the reason its parked. No time or money to address it ATM.

This is what i sold to U Studios after D day..
IMG_6334.jpg

FWIW: I sold them a 72 front end (same as the Chero) and they painted it green as there was already another red muscle car in the program...
72_ford_grantorino_prf_500.jpg

THOSE ARE TWO OF MY MOST FAVORITE V8's! The Red one over 375hp w/4spd posi trak. Green 3spd auto but same engine.