Naked to Faired and vice versa

adam6177

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all

This is my bike:

fazer.jpg

Basically I want to convert it from being naked to fully faired.....anyone want to make theirs go the other way and we just swap parts?

Cheers

Adam

novcadetshotz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,
I was browsing around and I saw your post. I don't usually browse this forum much, SBN is time consuming enough, but I thought I'd stop by. I have a 2007 model in Shift Red (which means our speedo wiring harnesses are different, but what's life without a little tinkering!). I've been working on my own naked conversion, but haven't had much luck. I'll take some more pictures today, but if you're looking for a trade I'd love to!

The only change from stock to this fairing is that extra turn signals have been integrated into the POD lights. I have the stock signals / mirrors and all that fun stuff at my house. I could get everything shipped to my school address then send it over your way if you were interested in the swap.

The windshield has 4 spider cracks in the upper part. they appeared while I was trucking the bike to South Carolina from New York (going to school for the semester). The POD light signals use the stock signal wire connectors, so you'd have to find a "Y" splitter if you wanted to keep the POD signals and also use the stock ones.

Obviously, you'll have to do some painting. But, if you're interested let me know! Looks like the shipping for a 10pd box from me to you is ~ $35 - $45 USD. I can eat that in the name of a naked conversion, so no problems on this end.

Some initial pictures.

The first was taken the day I got her home, and shows the mounting of the stock signals. The rest were taken ~ 3 weeks ago. You can't even see the spider cracks in the pictures, but I'll try to get you a shot where you can see them. More of an annoyance than anything else.

View attachment 2276 View attachment 2277 View attachment 2278

View attachment 2279 View attachment 2280

EDIT: Talk about lurking in the shadows. I've been a member since July 07, and this is my 1st post! ... woot?

Last edited:

novcadetshotz

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm doing some research into the possibility of the swap and what compatability issues we'll face.

- adam, you have another PM :D

Can anyone tell that I'm getting excited about this!! :Sport: