naked to faired help

Stephen ingham

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys, haven't been around for a while as I have had problems logging in and if I am honest my bike is running ace.

However, I fancy taking my naked FZ6 and putting either a bikini fairing or full fairing on, what would this entail and where is the best place to get the bits needed?

I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are going to go back to the OEM fairing you will need to start with the fairing stay. Something like this: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=281967443953&alt=web

After that you just need everything. Main fairing with both pods, headlight assy, inner fairing, inner fairing pods, frame mounts, mirrors, windscreen, turn signal mounts, horn mount(if the naked kit moved it). Depending on how your naked kit was installed it could be a real drag to rewire the harness to make it long enough again to reach the fairing. If it were me I would just put it in the conversion cost to get a entire new harness. It's going to be a little expensive! I'm surprised you want to go back to faired, most people are headed the other way!

Any aftermarket headlamp/fairing setup will require some rewiring and mcgyvering. Personally that one you posted is not my style. People have been known to come up with some cool custom setups.

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Stephen ingham

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the detailed reply.
I do have one of those smoked fly screens on already and just fancied if simple and cheap enough to put a bikini fairing on.