Need advice for tour with wife - NE states

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys/gals need some help. Doing my first tour with my wife (passenger) on our new ST1300 this august and we have 7 days to celebrate my 50th. Trying to plan some riding off the beaten path which would leave our days at about 6 hrs/day on the bike. I don't want this trip to be a bad experience for her first mc tour. Leaving from north bay ontario my plan is to head south into upper new york then east to new hampshire. Lots of info on the web about routes/roads but thought I would ask you folks in here if you had any first hand advice. Trip will be in the third week of august. Would love a music festival (country) thrown in but can't seem to find any. I know my details are vague but would value any experiences you guys have had down in this area.
Thanks

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard good things about NH, but have never been, however I spend a lot of time in VT and can tell you it's got loads of scenic, curvy roads and there are definitely music festivals going on constantly in the Summer. Check Killington resort.. I want to say they have one every weekend.
If you decide to swing through VT, I'll get you more info on specific roads.
Besides that, I want to say that even though you definitely have the right bike for the job, is she used to long-ish days in the saddle? If not, I would do few long, single day rides to make sure you're both comfortable.. figure out whatever adjustments might be necessary. Better to do this at home than on the road.
Sounds awesome, one way or another :thumbup:

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys/gals need some help. Doing my first tour with my wife (passenger) on our new ST1300 this august and we have 7 days to celebrate my 50th. Trying to plan some riding off the beaten path which would leave our days at about 6 hrs/day on the bike. I don't want this trip to be a bad experience for her first mc tour. Leaving from north bay ontario my plan is to head south into upper new york then east to new hampshire. Lots of info on the web about routes/roads but thought I would ask you folks in here if you had any first hand advice. Trip will be in the third week of august. Would love a music festival (country) thrown in but can't seem to find any. I know my details are vague but would value any experiences you guys have had down in this area.
Thanks

Two years ago when i was coming back from touring quebec province I went to Maine to visit Acadia National Park. One of my favourite places on East coast.

Anyway, when I stopped over in Bangor( Maine) there was this big country or folk music festival. This was around the end of August. I don't recall what was its name however.

Look into also route 201 in Maine. It was ridiculously scenic. I think at some point I got onto Route 15 to get to Bangor and it was very beautiful as well.

If you are going through NY State, make sure to stop over in Letchworth State Park. It's dubbed the grand canyon of the East.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you plan on staying in hotels, make sure you make reservations. A lot of the places around the NE can get very tight as far as accommodations around that time of year. Don't forget your mosquito repellent!

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard good things about NH, but have never been, however I spend a lot of time in VT and can tell you it's got loads of scenic, curvy roads and there are definitely music festivals going on constantly in the Summer. Check Killington resort.. I want to say they have one every weekend.
If you decide to swing through VT, I'll get you more info on specific roads.
Besides that, I want to say that even though you definitely have the right bike for the job, is she used to long-ish days in the saddle? If not, I would do few long, single day rides to make sure you're both comfortable.. figure out whatever adjustments might be necessary. Better to do this at home than on the road.
Sounds awesome, one way or another :thumbup:

She's not use to long ish days yet. Have a month or so to get a few in. She says she extremely comfortable....as she almost falls asleep. I'll keep you posted on Vermont.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
VT and NH are beautiful!! i have driven/road all over there and you will not be disappointed!! remember a ride report when you get back!! enjoy!!