• Bellypan + front + rear fender

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
Will install a new belly pan. I will need to do some drilling and painting and I was thinking of painting more parts if it will look better. So what option do you think:

Option 1 Paint bellypan only
Option 2 Paint belly pan + front fender only
Option 3 Paint belly pan + rear fender only
Option 4 Paint bellypan + 2 fenders.

Ummm....a few notes:
-This pic was "stolen" from another member, sorry in advance :D. The angle of the photo was too convinient.
-The rear fender blue is matte. This should be glossy, same as the rest of the bike
-the bellypan shape/size was altered a bit to fit this pic.

Thanks

There was a member last week or so that actually went two-tone using silver and it looked pretty good. The nice thing about paint is it can be changed with an ever changing desire to gain your particular flavor in regards to a look. Play with it a little and let your imagination run wild. I'm sure it will turn out fine.

The nice thing about paint is it can be changed with an ever changing desire to gain your particular flavor in regards to a look.

Fire engine red with a Ferrari leather 'colored' seat. :D

One thing to consider is the rear fender is a flexy ABS material. If is flexs your paint will crack. If you are using the aftermarket one you'll be fine as it is a more of a fiberglass, non-flexing material.

For what it is worth...I think painting the rear fender draws too much attention to it.

I like the front fender and the belly pan painted.

Regardless...it will look great!

Fire engine red with a Ferrari leather 'colored' seat. :D

something like this i think

ferrari-scale.jpg

One thing to consider is the rear fender is a flexy ABS material. If is flexs your paint will crack. If you are using the aftermarket one you'll be fine as it is a more of a fiberglass, non-flexing material.

Great advice! thanks. Didn't know that. Well I suppose there is a reason it is made out of flexible materials??

Option 4 and then powder coat the rearsets, pillion pegs and radistor covers to match the fenders and belly pan.

Option 4 and then powder coat the rearsets, pillion pegs and radistor covers to match the fenders and belly pan.

I've seen your thread where you painted the rad covers blue. It made me think about it, but I later decided I'd rather make them black. Black or blue, the only problem with this plan, is that UGLY silver fork my bike has...

Jeez, I want to start painting parts, but one thing brings another and this habit breaks the bank. :mad: In other words, I'll need to paint the belly pan + 2 fenders + 2 rearsets + 2 rad covers + powdercoat forks. Urrrgh.....it's going to cost me a hefty price for a budget belly pan (price was $40)... :eek:

So, in order to avoid spending my whole salary on the FZ, I'll prolly paint only the bellypan...and then the fenders, and then the radiator covers....damn it...!
You get the point.

I reckon you should you should paint the forks black...to match your Black Frame, then if you painted the front fender, bellypan, and rear fender blue, i reckon it would all flow better from front to back...hate those silver forks with the black frame....gotta get round to painting mine.

just a little food for thought..... think of how dirty your rear hugger gets...... all of those little scratches in your paint. that is the only reason I wouldnt paint mine.

I like the option of all three of them. You will stand out and make even more people curious when they see your bike. Yup...I say go with all three.:Sport:

Back