New bike on the way for me, Honda CB1000R

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
Moving up to a newer model as the CB should be delivered to me in a week or so. Already had a play with one, it's a small big bike. Never had a proper time with a naked, MT09 test ride the last time before that.

Will post pictures when it's arrived, my plan is to sell the FZ6 shortly after to fund a 125 to help the missus to get into biking - she does like the MT125.

I'll still be hanging around here, the CB forum is a bit quieter than here, so will continue my lurking around. Shall leave you with a pic of the model and colour I'm getting.
2013_Honda_CB1000R_427846_i0.jpg

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the CB1000R on its own, but there's other bikes in that category that I would rather have.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll love it. It seems like a great bike!

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the CB1000R on its own, but there's other bikes in that category that I would rather have.

Anyways, I'm sure you'll love it. It seems like a great bike!

I've tried some of the others in the streetfighter group, Speed Triple and Z1000 but prefer this. The top end Ducati Streetfighter, BMW S1000R etc are too much to insure for me at the moment.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I've tried some of the others in the streetfighter group, Speed Triple and Z1000 but prefer this. The top end Ducati Streetfighter, BMW S1000R etc are too much to insure for me at the moment.

I see, for me the Z1000 is cheap to insure and the rest are very expensive.

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
wow white bikes are sex on wheels, that exhaust needs to be changed asap, i think it ruins the look of the bike, but thats just my opinion give us some feedback once you get some KM under your belt

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I kinda of want a Z1000 to be honest, but every time I look to see what the FZ6 is selling for I get bummed out and don't sell it.

The Cb1000r would be nice too, but the insurance man wants BMW S1000R money from me for the Honda.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely a cool bike! White is super sexy..

I kinda of want a Z1000 to be honest, but every time I look to see what the FZ6 is selling for I get bummed out and don't sell it.

I too have lusted over a z1000.. My friends mom owns one, and I got to ride it the other weekend.. Without going into too much detail, I'll take my fz6 back any and every time! The power is great, but it vibrates worse than an old twin! had some weird on/off thottle characteristics, wasnt comfortable. I was happy to have my fz6 back under me! Everything about it was just... shall we say 'Kawasaki-ish'

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site

I too have lusted over a z1000.. My friends mom owns one, and I got to ride it the other weekend.. Without going into too much detail, I'll take my fz6 back any and every time! The power is great, but it vibrates worse than an old twin! had some weird on/off thottle characteristics, wasnt comfortable. I was happy to have my fz6 back under me! Everything about it was just... shall we say 'Kawasaki-ish'

Yeah... I'm not really a Kawi fan. Yamaha and Triumph are really the only brands I'd seriously consider.

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
wow white bikes are sex on wheels, that exhaust needs to be changed asap, i think it ruins the look of the bike, but thats just my opinion give us some feedback once you get some KM under your belt

Yeah that stock exhaust isn't on mine, it's coming with a Beowulf can and some other tasty extras I'll show off.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Might be why she like it? :D:D

Riding the crossplane R1 I was really surprised how much they vibrate. Although - maybe its just a different kind of vibe? They even have counter rotating mass and still....

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
To me naked high power bikes seem good for commuting in traffic or in city streets but are useless for long distance rides on high speed freeways where 70-80 mph is the normal flow of traffic. Try riding a naked bike at 80 mph for 150 miles straight and you will understand why.

Awesome bike though! :thumbup:

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Might be why she like it? :D:D

Riding the crossplane R1 I was really surprised how much they vibrate. Although - maybe its just a different kind of vibe? They even have counter rotating mass and still....

Lol, mayyyybeee...

Ive never been on a crossplane r1, would love to take one for a ride sometime though.

I feel like we might get a little spoiled on our Fz6's. They really are an exceptionally smooth running bike.
We just sold my fiancee's Suzuki GS500F and replaced it for an fz6r, just because that stupid twin just vibrated too much, among other shortfalls of the cycle.

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing looking bike O.O.
Will wind up upgrading in the future but will be forever tossing up between one of these, an FZ1-N, GSR750 and an S1000R

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazing looking bike O.O.
Will wind up upgrading in the future but will be forever tossing up between one of these, an FZ1-N, GSR750 and an S1000R

That S1000R is my dream bike.... I'd trade away my car for one. The thing is... at 25 years old the insurance is something like $5,000/yr for me. :(

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
That S1000R is my dream bike.... I'd trade away my car for one. The thing is... at 25 years old the insurance is something like $5,000/yr for me. :(
O.O I'm 20 and do believe I'd be looking at about $2000 a year for one of them but our insurance in NZ takes a drastic drop at 24. Eg. I pay $1000 a year for full insurance on the FZ6 and my dad pays $350 for his TL1000R. The other thing being though, our big insurance companies won't even insure me since I'm under 24 on any 2 or less door vehicle (they wouldn't even touch me with my 250).

odachi13

Reaction score
Visit site
17178248932_1561301e34_z.jpg

16993713599_7412425b48_z.jpg

So look what just arrived. I was bought as a distance purchase so I wasn't able to view beforehand (dealer offers a money-back guarantee) and it was advertised as coming with tail tidy, hugger and crash bungs. I've spotted a few more that they didn't mention.