New bike time :) what to buy ? my fz6 is a write off !!!

That's bad news Frank! :( It's not that long since you got her back. And you've just added new suspension.

Why not buy another FZ6 - you already have the mods for her....

If not, Street Triple or possibly Speed Triple.

It's all going to depend on your budget. If you have the money - Brutale for sure......

I dunno, after riding a Brutale.... just can't see it being worth the $$$.
Nice to have in the garage, nice to show off to the group of friends/riders.
Not that amazing on the road. Not saying its bad, but I expected alot more for what you pay.

Has anyone actually gone from a FZ6 to a Street Triple? I can see moving to the Speed, but am interested at what feedback anyone who has will give.

lol should have put int the 1st post

wont be more than 12-14kAUD cant afford any more than that

im over the fz6 as much as i loved the bike i want something else
will just have to see

dotn commute on it much these dasy due to work beign 15 mins away

thinking street tripple R
or a duke s4r

brutale no thanks great bikes but not want im after

just going to look around

Probably get a new street triple R for that, or a Speed Triple a year or two old.
Can't say I've heard much about the dukes, but with that price range at least you have alot of choice!

Street Triple :thumbup:

I went with a Triumph Daytona 675 for my second bike, was looking for a track bike. Rode the Street Triple R at that time as well and if I was looking for replacement that would have been it for me!!!

On 2nd thoughts, if it was my 6 that died & wanted another naked, id be getting a Speed Triple.

Speed Triple or a Daytona 675 for sure, I'd probably go for one of those Orange Speed Triples in your situation, they are damn sexy.

>Naked: Triumph Street Triple R

>Nakeds:Triumph Speed Triple

If not, Street Triple or possibly Speed Triple.

thinking street tripple R

Hmmm... I think they're trying to tell you something. :BLAA:

I recently switched to a Speed Trip, couldn't be happier.
My new Speedy...

IMG_0449.jpg

Last edited:
Probably get a new street triple R for that, or a Speed Triple a year or two old.
Can't say I've heard much about the dukes, but with that price range at least you have alot of choice!
Try a Speedy about 4-5 years old at that price. They are about $19000 on road new.

Been keeping an eye on the bike selling sites, often seeing the speed triples going anything from 1-5 years old varying from 10k upwards, of varying conditions.

the new kawi z1000? dont know about the price or how much they sell.

the street/speed triple are great for bang for the buck and no one has a bad word to say about them

How about a "busa? They're cool and chick dig 'em!!!

View attachment 28047

Nothing like a training wheel to get the girls running. Which direction may be a question tho! At least you'll be able to catch them, as long as they run in a straight line :D

The new Z1000 are actually quite nice looking esp compared to the older ones.

seena nice street tripple R

or
83527bc_20.jpeg

for 1k more....

The Tuorno is rather big & heavyish....not like the new RSV4, which is tiny!

But the Tuorno is definitely a nice bike...have you thought about a Suzuki SV1000S or N....they are a very nice ride...V-twin, 125hp at the rear wheel, not real heavy, good for sport riding and touring!

Can get a good one for $8000-$9000...although, 2007+ models are definitely the best of the run!

:thumbup:

Back