New England Meet in VT - Aug 15th, 2009!!!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got mine tonight. I got a double room and am hoping that Rob and Keira will be staying with us. Our cost was $299.20, thus $149.60 per couple for two nights. That is what I expected. So, we'll be in room 10!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are in and Yes we will split the room with you :)

Just as long as it is an even split, no hogging the hot tub just for you this year :)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We are in and Yes we will split the room with you :)

Just as long as it is an even split, no hogging the hot tub just for you this year :)

We're in luck, the hot tub is a community one this time.

Thanks Rob!

Has anyone else booked yet? :confused:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet!!! We're all confirmed then. I know it's a little early, but what time is everyone planning on arriving on Friday? I'm shooting for 5pm, but this is all up to NYC traffic(held me up for at least 2 hours last year).

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Jersey and am planning on working a few hours on Fiday and headed up that way. Garmin says a little over 5 hours so I'm planning on 6. I'll let you guys know as we get a little closer.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wifey and I are planning on taking a half day off on Friday and being there about 7pm ish? We'd be grateful for a dinner after checkin!

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely in!
I'll probably get there really late friday night, but one way or another I'll be there by saturday morning :)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1. FZ1inNH (Eric)
2. Mrs FZ1inNH (Michele)
3. ant_mb (anthony)
4. Mrs ant_mb (kellina)
5. bcityroller (Scott)
6. Reiobard (Rob)
7. Keira ( :D )
8. tom5796 (Tom)
9. victorb (Victor)
10. ?

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I really wish i could make it.. I'm pretty close to vermont... only about 3hrs away from where i am..But i'm going on vacation to martha's vineyard from the 9th of aug to the 15 of aug.

But, who ever passes by CT on their way back... I think i read Ant-B is from N.J. and someone else from N.Y.C...... Let me know and we'll meet up for a little down here..

Sounds like fun.. Have a great time..

Now that i'm thinking about it.. There are actually alot of great roads by me ... Who knows.. maybe the next meet would be in the tri-state area..

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Who knows.. maybe the next meet would be in the tri-state area..

Next year - the Adirondack Mountains in New York? :)

I can't fully commit to this until I know I can ride again. The healing process for my arm is taking a lot longer than I expected so I will let you know as the meet gets closer. :don'tknow:

MyFirstBike

Reaction score
Visit site
I would really be looking forward to planning the next meet. Sounds like a blast. But before anything, have fun and be safe on this VT ride...

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a ride I ripped off the FZ1 site I now frequent. Please let me know what your thoughts are... It's a long trip so it would be a very early start.
Here's the trip as it looks...

Attached is what I think is the map shown translated into Garmin gps (attached as .doc, save file and change extension back to .gdb).

The Kitzhof Inn is on the route so I vote we start and end there since it looks like that's where most of us will be staying at this point. I'm fine with ~300 miles for the day, we'll just have be to good about getting going in the AM, after lunch, etc.

Gas stops will be determined by the guy with the crappiest fuel mileage. I can get 140 miles out of a tank safely.

Normally we'd start with full tanks but I guess in this case Eric will need to but most of the rest of us should do fine with a little better than half :Flip:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Attached is what I think is the map shown translated into Garmin gps (attached as .doc, save file and change extension back to .gdb).

The Kitzhof Inn is on the route so I vote we start and end there since it looks like that's where most of us will be staying at this point. I'm fine with ~300 miles for the day, we'll just have be to good about getting going in the AM, after lunch, etc.

Loaded up just fine in my MapSource! Thanks! Much appreciated as I was struggling to find time to get this completed. I have a file but it had other waypoints in it and started at the other end of the route. This is perfect!

bcityroller said:
Normally we'd start with full tanks but I guess in this case Eric will need to but most of the rest of us should do fine with a little better than half :Flip:
;) Scott is right... I'm the only one that has to be sure I am topped off! :eek:

Seriously though, we'll have to plan an early start and everyone needs to be geared, fueled, fed and all bathroom breaks done at the hard start.

I'm unfamiliar with the area and this route so will lunch be a wing it on the route? Or, should we find a place and plan on making it?

The Kitzhof Inn really should be the starting place and has my vote!

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm unfamiliar with the area and this route so will lunch be a wing it on the route? Or, should we find a place and plan on making it?

I'm not super familiar with the area but I did get married in VT and had the reception in Brandon. They have a number of restaurants and at least one that would likely be large enough to just show up when we get there and be seated. Assuming we go clockwise on the loop it looks to be a little less than half-way (like 3 out of the 8 hours riding).

The next sizeable town we get close to is Woodstock (4.5 hours riding) and it's a touristy town so it would have choices but be busy.

If we went anti-clockwise we could stop in Quechee (again touristy/busy) or travel some out of the way to Lebabon or White River Junction which provide loads of choices. These last choices would be about 3.5 hours riding going that way.

I don't have a big preference on that stuff, although left to my own devices I'd prolly just go clockwise to Brandon and have lunch even though it should be a bit on the early side when we get there. What's everyone else think?