New Firewall

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all the new firewall is finally up and running... THANK YOU KEITH!!!
FZ6inNH hooked us up with him (Thanks Eric) Sooooo..

Now we need to test it... Please post here if you notice anything strange with the site especially its speed... Is it the same, faster, slower?

Thanks

Dennis

And thanks again Keith...:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thus far it's looking pretty fast to me! No issues yet but since Keith sits next to me, I can always yell at him. ;)

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thus far it's looking pretty fast to me! No issues yet but since Keith sits next to me, I can always yell at him. ;)

LOL... be nice to him..... you need a degree in quantum physics to set this thing up......;)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
just as long as the site runs i am happy!!! seems plenty fast so far though!!! When does the beat down:stupidpc: of the old firewall happen?

office-space-1000-1.jpg

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL... be nice to him..... you need a degree in quantum physics to set this thing up......;)

Actually you just need to speak Cisco! :D

I'm nice to him... he's not only a co-worker but a GREAT friend! :rockon:

No complaints yet! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
just as long as the site runs i am happy!!! seems plenty fast so far though!!! When does the beat down:stupidpc: of the old firewall happen?

As soon as this one has been stable for a few weeks...:thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks! Has anyone had any negative experience since the FW was put in place permanently on Thursday?

For me, I've had no issues at all, the site seems to be faster than the old FW and we've had zero downtime. I think Dennis is sleeping much better the last few nights!

In case you hadn't noticed, Admin has set up a donation fund at the bottom of the page to send Keith out to dinner. Well, who is Keith? Keith isn't an FZ6 owner and, as a matter of fact, isn't a rider at all. Keith is the Network Admin where I work. I asked him, as a favor to the site, Dennis and myself, to assist Dennis with the new FW. Keith spent the better part of a day and a few hours the following day helping Dennis set up the FW. He's asked for nothing in return. Dennis is asking for donations to show our appreciation to Keith for his volunteer work. Keith is not only a co-worker but also one of my best friends. He's always helped out no matter when you ask.

Please donate if you can. He doesn't know about this yet and he'll be genuinely surprised and thankful to all of us!

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The site takes longer to initially load for me.

Are you using IE? or Firefox? What version? If you're using IE7, can you try going into the Tools, Internet Options, and Advanced, scroll to the bottom and try disabling the Phishing filter?

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely faster... at least for me. The web page loading is quicker. Great Work everyone. Thanks.

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you using IE? or Firefox? What version? If you're using IE7, can you try going into the Tools, Internet Options, and Advanced, scroll to the bottom and try disabling the Phishing filter?

I'm using Firefox 3.1..............

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm using Firefox 3.1..............

Can you please try IE7 without the phishing filter and let us know if that is the same, faster or slower?

I'm not current with Firefox since I have to support only IE at work, I don't use FF much at al. Can anyone suggest tweaks for FF here?

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you please try IE7 without the phishing filter and let us know if that is the same, faster or slower?

I'm not current with Firefox since I have to support only IE at work, I don't use FF much at al. Can anyone suggest tweaks for FF here?

IE7 works much better. It is faster than before.

Thanks,
Nick

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
IE7 works much better. It is faster than before.

Thanks,
Nick

Thanks for the update Nick! I'm sure there is a way to tweak some FF settings. It's likely one setting that is hosing it up but I just don't know much about FF. I guess it is time I start using it.

Glad IE is working for you even though it isn't the best out there for security!