New from Ireland

Dela

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Just picked up my 2007 FZ6N S2 last week with 99 miles on the clock, it had been a demo bike for a dealer in the UK.

First impressions: Coming from a 99 Hornet 600 I'm blown away by how smooth the FZ is. And the brakes are amazing.
I haven't opened her up yet as I'm breaking in the engine (treating it as a new bike) but it seems a little less torque-y
at low revs compared to the Hornet.

Issues so far: My old paddock stand slips on the swingarm so I'm looking to get some axle sliders that double as paddock
bobbins (anyone know of any) and invest in a hooked paddock stand. Also are these any good - Evoteck Rear Spindle Mounted Paddock Stand

Thanks in advance for any and all help guys.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Just picked up my 2007 FZ6N S2 last week with 99 miles on the clock, it had been a demo bike for a dealer in the UK.

First impressions: Coming from a 99 Hornet 600 I'm blown away by how smooth the FZ is. And the brakes are amazing.
I haven't opened her up yet as I'm breaking in the engine (treating it as a new bike) but it seems a little less torque-y
at low revs compared to the Hornet.

Issues so far: My old paddock stand slips on the swingarm so I'm looking to get some axle sliders that double as paddock
bobbins (anyone know of any) and invest in a hooked paddock stand. Also are these any good - Evoteck Rear Spindle Mounted Paddock Stand

Thanks in advance for any and all help guys.

Welcome to the Forum!:welcome:

Did you bike NOT come with a centerstand? If not, you should be able to put a factory one on there.

Re the torque, the torque and HP kicks in at the higher rev's. Once you get it broke in, you'll find plenty of power above 8,000 RPM's. Once broken in, you should be be pretty satisfied once you can wind it up to its full potential. My 07 will power wheelie EVERYTIME, WOT in first gear (stock gearing).

Last edited:

Dela

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum!:welcome:

Did you bike NOT come with a centerstand? If not, you should be able to put a factory one on there.

Re the torque, the torque and HP kicks in at the higher rev's. Once you get it broke in, you'll find plenty of power above 8,000 RPM's. Once broken in, you should be be pretty satisfied once you can wind it up to its full potential. My 07 will power wheelie EVERYTIME, WOT in first gear (stock gearing).

No center stand on the naked version as far as I know, not mine anyway.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No center stand on the naked version as far as I know, not mine anyway.

Check for tab's underneath, it obviously didn't come with one, however I seriously doubt Yamaha made a special frame for the naked version.

The tab(s), if equipped should be pretty much right behind the side stand:

(Double click on the image to enlarge)

Last edited:

Dela

Reaction score
Visit site
Check for tab's underneath, it obviously didn't come with one, however I seriously doubt Yamaha made a special frame for the naked version.

The tab(s), if equipped should be pretty much right behind the side stand:

The mounting points for a center stand are there, so at least its an option.
I would prefer not to have a center stand though, they are practical but not so aesthetically pleasing to me.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The mounting points for a center stand are there, so at least its an option.
I would prefer not to have a center stand though, they are practical but not so aesthetically pleasing to me.

Other riders feel the same.

Its easily put on with bolts, NO springs, zip it on for maintainance, pop it off when done. Its actually more usefull than a rear separate stand.

With the CC, you can jack up the header and do front end work (front wheel/forks, etc). With the rear separate stand, NOPE..

Dela

Reaction score
Visit site
Other riders feel the same.

Its easily put on with bolts, NO springs, zip it on for maintainance, pop it off when done. Its actually more usefull than a rear separate stand.

With the CC, you can jack up the header and do front end work (front wheel/forks, etc). With the rear separate stand, NOPE..

The center stand is probably the right way to go but I may find it to be too expensive. I'll have to have a look around and see what they're going for.
Thanks for the help man, I wouldn't have thought of the center stand as an option.