New FZ6 Owner - First Street Bike

steve.getsiv

Reaction score
Visit site
After many months of research and numerous test rides, I finally decided on an FZ6. Rode a 2004 that I though was great but not perfect. Then I found a 2007 with a few nice mods. Perfect condition!

thumb_IMG_2120_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2123_1024.jpg

Hoping for some dry weather in Portland over the next few weeks. Not very likely... :(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. There are a few active forum members here who are from the PDX area. Being your first street bike, have you taken the Team Oregon motorcycle safety class?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrates on the new ride (best year and color)!

Are those silver frame covers on the sides??? The frame is black (stock).

Also, it looks like you seat has been modified (cut down a little) besides your other mods.

Pic of my seat, (it is modded internally, but the outside dimensions are stock)

Click to enlarge on pic

Last edited:

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Looks pretty good to me. ;)

Welcome. There are a few active forum members here who are from the PDX area. Being your first street bike, have you taken the Team Oregon motorcycle safety class?

Well... why is it that in USA I ear people talk about going into motorcycle safety classes? Don't people need to have classes and riding lessons before you can ride a motorcycle on the road?

"V"

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks pretty good to me. ;)

Well... why is it that in USA I ear people talk about going into motorcycle safety classes? Don't people need to have classes and riding lessons before you can ride a motorcycle on the road?

"V"

Here in Florida, its MANDATORY to take a state approved (Motorcycle) school. I believe its two days, HD is a big provider of the class as well as other outlets.

Now that's TWO days, VERY BASIC.

Once you pass that course, you go to the MV department and get the MC endorsement added to your licence.

So, yes you get your license but you experience is VERY LIMITED, thus additional courses to help you survive on the street...

No where near as stringent as Europe...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Most riders,about 60% Wil ride without a motorcycle license. They dont take the time and effort and go earn one which usually will go against them. The inevitable will happen without proper training.

Sl!pstream

XJ Fanboy
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! You've made a really great choice and if I had a bit more money and knowledge at the time I started riding I probably would have got one too. While its no supersport, it has a lot of room to grow into (performance wise) as your riding skill increases while still maintaining comfort and utility.

There's quite a few FZ6s zipping around Portland; I recently moved from Portland to Corvallis for school but visit occasionally. I know FinalImpact is located on the eastside, but other than that I don't know any other active members in the area. It would be cool to do a local group ride next spring/summer though! :D If you are looking for other people to ride or meetup with locally, check out the Portland section on PNW Riders (you should definitely stop by Tuesday Night Coffee in Beaverton sometime!)

By the way, what exhaust are you running just out of curiosity?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard and be safe safe man! This bike has potential and it deserves respect!
Yep, still here and the bike doesn't show much difference from stock other than the exhaust unless you know what stock looks like! First street bike in my name also and we've passed 25,000 miles in the neighborhood without a dear strike!

Look me up if you need technical support!

patrickb37

Reaction score
Visit site

Depends on the state. I got licensed in CA, and there you don't have to take a class. If you do take the MSF class and pass the test, you get a waiver for the riding test at the DMV (which is just riding around a figure 8 anyway). Classes and lessons are not mandatory though.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The frame looks like a pre-07 frame, with an '07 swingarm. I thought the '07 only came with a black frame.

My 07 is a black frame..

The sub-frame is 07-09 shown, (bolt on pillon pegs), the swing-arm is as well.

Looks like the main frame is S1 with the silver color as you noted.

**For the Op, you may want to check your (2007) vin # and title just to verify they match or someone painted the frame or ???

Last edited: