New FZ6 rider

foothillsvt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello FZ6 riders!

I just found a 2007 red FZ6 with 3000 miles on CL here in Vermont and sold the bike below. Took forever to move that road king, lots of HD out there right now. Don't miss it one bit, lovin' the Yamaha. HD makes a nice bike but they are slow, heavy and not so hot for our mountain roads here in Vermont.

Had a 2003 FZ1 for a few years, but every ride saw 100 mph, not good for my long term health.

Feels great to be on a Yamaha again, all I want to do is ride this little FZ6. It has to be the best bang for buck out there. The power is great for this 225lb rider, no complaints there. Am getting a numb throttle hand so ordered some grip puppies, hopefully they will do the trick.

Anyway, thanks for the great forum, I have learned a lot about the bike already. If anyone ever gets up to northern Vermont give me a holler and I'll show you some great roads.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best forum on the net :thumbup: You made the right choice moving back to a Yammy from that truck you were riding before , do they come standard with ' Do Not Overtake Turning Vehicle' stickers or 'Caution Wide Load' :D Sorry not diggin' at you , I just dont like boat anchors :BLAA: Anyhow ride lots , post often & make sure there are pics :thumbup:

foothillsvt

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks fellas, good to be back on a great machine! HD cool aid didn't taste so good to me. I will get some pics of the red FZ6 up when the rain stops here.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Did that thing have auto-pilot too?:BLAA:

This is a great forum with a lot of fantastic people that have a wealth of knowledge! Plus, some of the members have made mods to sell. Search around, you might find stuff you like.

Crazy, just got my registration in the mail.....didnt realize its been almost a year!:rockon:

Jesto

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey! Welcome and that makes two of us. Had my 2005 FZ6 since May now. Bought it with 1000km on it and about to turn over 6000 this week!

Have fun on it and ride safe! :D

F

FZ6 Naked!

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! I come here for every thing imaginable when looking to do anything with the bike, or even looking because I don't have a clue what I want to do to it ;)

Anyway, time to gear up and hit the road!! Enjoy your ride now that you have a bike!

foothillsvt

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my new-to-me 2007. Lovin' every minute on it. What a great all around bike. Wish i found it sooner, instead of wasting so much time on cruisers (roadstar, roadliner, vtx 1800 and 1300, v-star 1300, road king). What can I say, I was trying to slow down, but it was just no fun.