New FZ6 Streetfighter breaks cover....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, last night as posted in the mods section, i finished rebuilding my FZ6 fighter into a single seat Cafe Racer inspired streetfighter....

I said i would post better pics once the sun came out, and it has, so i thought it was only fair that seeing as this is the streetfighter section, i should post some decent pics in this section of the forum...

So, here it is....
View attachment 31897

View attachment 31898

View attachment 31899

View attachment 31900

View attachment 31901

View attachment 31902

View attachment 31903

View attachment 31904

View attachment 31905

View attachment 31906

Much thanks to Maverick1970 for the headlight, big thanks to Wavex for the inspiration, and huge thanks to Ozzieboy for putting up with my rambling about doing this, doing that, and of course, all of his help...Mikey played a huge part in this build, spending many hours in the shed helping me piece together the puzzle!

It is now sorta a bit FZ1...back half, a bit FZ6, and a lot mongrel!

Sounds nuts as well....will post a video of the exhaust sound with and without the baffles a bit later...maybe tomorrow...

Now to get the Radial brake calipers on, get the bugger dynotuned, and to the suspension shop for some much needed, and long overdue tweaking...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks outstanding Jamie :rockon: can't wait for the swingarm to go on

That is waiting till after we get back from tassie! My energy and cash flow is now very much in that direction now!!

Plus I don't want the bike off the road over summer!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that an FZ6 ? lol
Looks bloody great mate,cant wait to see it for real.

Do you think the horn would hide inside the mask ?

Yeah it probably could, but would not look the best, I reckon.

Was thinking of mounting it in the bellypan!

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks fantastic Jamie, love the seat, was that hard to do ? Looks like a FZ1 seat too me, was just thinking how hard would it be to graft a FZ1 rear to a FZ6 :)

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Nice, question, is this bike passenger friendly? Just curious. I think the was one of the pieces that I was worried about was the new Tail; I was afraid it might of taken away from the bike by over doing it. Its a nice dramatic but subtle change to it. It doesn't look goofy. Good Job:thumbup:

Also was there an extended single side swing arm you were going to add? Maybe I read something wrong.

thieu

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool look of a bike! The headlights remind me of a bmw.

Did you actually manage to get ohlins shocks up front? or are they just stickers?

again excellent work! :thumbup:

bane

Boss
Reaction score
Visit site
:bow:

as I sad I was subscribed... awesome job, bike is a killer... Send pic to Yamaha and make a proposal for 2012 model ;)

lot of money spent, but it was worth it :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool look of a bike! The headlights remind me of a bmw.

Did you actually manage to get ohlins shocks up front? or are they just stickers?

again excellent work! :thumbup:

I have had ohlins fork springs and a full remote ohlins rear shock for 2 years! Set up by frank pons...ex 500gp suspension guru. Is about to go back to him for a tweak...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Nice, question, is this bike passenger friendly? Just curious. I think the was one of the pieces that I was worried about was the new Tail; I was afraid it might of taken away from the bike by over doing it. Its a nice dramatic but subtle change to it. It doesn't look goofy. Good Job:thumbup:

Also was there an extended single side swing arm you were going to add? Maybe I read something wrong.

Definitely not passenger friendly! That was the whole idea! Get rid of the pillion seat, go sport riding with no fat....except my fat butt! Lol!

I have the other fz6 for pillion duties!