New FZ6 Streetfighter breaks cover....

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Very nice :thumbup:, I especially like the way the headlight and lower fairing match up, almost looks like the beak of a bird of prey opening up to attack :eek:

halvorsonium

Reaction score
Visit site
so awesome! this is such a great inspiration. i would really like to know how you mounted your instrument panel. thats the main thing keeping me from tearing into mine.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice job! did you fab the speedo back or was it a purchased item?

Nope...the speedo is one of the few things on the bike, which is still there from when i bought it...original 45000km's on it, and not modified in any way.

:thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You did it Jamie!!! shes is definitly a full custom bike now built from the ground up,and she is a Beauty!!!! Awesome job man!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You did it Jamie!!! shes is definitly a full custom bike now built from the ground up,and she is a Beauty!!!! Awesome job man!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :rockon:

Thanks man, that means a lot coming from you! My fellow nut job, home grown, in the garage fabricator! normally hopped up on beer, or whatever! ;)

I am very proud of the bike, as it has become most of MY work, with the help of some great friends, and some decent tradesmen, who did the stuff i am not able to do to the standard i want!

rode it to and from work tonight...oh my f****** god it was fun...it has to be 10kg's lighter with the new seat, etc... and with the 14/48 gearing, it just leaps about the place now...and as for noise, it just screams with the super short end cans...after 2.5 years of ownership, 45000km's....i am in love with my bike all over again...and we have been through some serious $hit together!

Thanks Donny!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
wow very nice Jamie... you went there this time! :)

Cut that rear hugger though, it looks huge and urgly on your bike imo...

How's the ride now? big difference?

Props for the work... very cool.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow very nice Jamie... you went there this time! :)

Cut that rear hugger though, it looks huge and urgly on your bike imo...

How's the ride now? big difference?

Props for the work... very cool.

Lol! I chucked the rear hugger on at the last minute...is actually off my other FZ6....cause the CF rear hugger i have an order (again!) is still on it's way...but sharp observation, it sticks out like a sore thumb i know!!!

As for the ride, yep, it's a bit different....the ultra short gearing, combined with the high state of tune, and the fact that i have shaved craploads of weight of the thing, means it pullslike a schoolboy...very bloody hard for a 600cc bike.

As for handling, that's needed a bit of work for a while, i need to get to the suspension shop, and get the rear spring & front springs changed to my weight...that's next.

But i love the new riding position, right on the tank, right over the front wheel, and a pretty short reach to the bars.

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well its definitely a head turner...took it for a spin this arvo, and rubbernecks were everywhere...stopped at the local Yamaha stealership to pick up some parts, and when i came out to where i hadparked it, there were 7 people standing next to it...gawking! :D

Now i also took the thing for it's first decent scratch through the Twisties this arvo...i think i just got home from the most enjoyable ride i can remember...bike handled beautifully, exhaust sounds amazing, riding position is comfy as, including the chunk of rubber that is really an excuse for a seat..i rode for an hour and a half...no numb bum...

I can now move about on the bike much more easily, making sport riding much more fun...

I am now tempted not to do anything else to change the geometry of the bike...ie, single sided swingarm, cause i just freaking love the bike how it is right now...it's gonna be a good good summer!

:rockon:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well its definitely a head turner...took it for a spin this arvo, and rubbernecks were everywhere...stopped at the local Yamaha stealership to pick up some parts, and when i came out to where i hadparked it, there were 7 people standing next to it...gawking! :D

Haha, wow. That must have been a pretty good feeling.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man, that means a lot coming from you! My fellow nut job, home grown, in the garage fabricator! normally hopped up on beer, or whatever! ;)

I am very proud of the bike, as it has become most of MY work, with the help of some great friends, and some decent tradesmen, who did the stuff i am not able to do to the standard i want!

rode it to and from work tonight...oh my f****** god it was fun...it has to be 10kg's lighter with the new seat, etc... and with the 14/48 gearing, it just leaps about the place now...and as for noise, it just screams with the super short end cans...after 2.5 years of ownership, 45000km's....i am in love with my bike all over again...and we have been through some serious $hit together!

Thanks Donny!

Now you have crossed over to the other side there is no going back!!! You can never EVER for any reason sell or let this bike get stolen..... your heart will break into peices that will never fit back together again!!! i'm serious no matter what bike I build now i can never get that feeling back I had for my first full custom.... it's True Love Man !!! LOL P.S. now you've got the bike builder virus in your blood you will have to learn to tame it or next thing you know you will be spending your free time searching for your next project,and doing whatever it takes to pay for the build...hanging out at bike shows makeing conections with other bike builders to get your part FIX!!! LOL you know what I mean....It can consume you!!! :rockon: :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now you have crossed over to the other side there is no going back!!! You can never EVER for any reason sell or let this bike get stolen..... your heart will break into peices that will never fit back together again!!! i'm serious no matter what bike I build now i can never get that feeling back I had for my first full custom.... it's True Love Man !!! LOL P.S. now you've got the bike builder virus in your blood you will have to learn to tame it or next thing you know you will be spending your free time searching for your next project,and doing whatever it takes to pay for the build...hanging out at bike shows makeing conections with other bike builders to get your part FIX!!! LOL you know what I mean....It can consume you!!! :rockon: :D

Yeah the bike builder virus has always been lurking in the shadows, but it's not until recently, that i have had the time and the money to truely become obsessed! As for connections, this build has helped me build many, and these days i know who i can and cannot trust with doing work for me.

The next project is already sitting on the bike table in my garage! a Yamaha TRX850, which is in need a total engine re-build, and a complete restore everywhere else....the bike has seen 12 years of everyday riding with not the greatest maintenance routine exercised over the years, but is still in rough, but straight condition...the plan...go nuts with it!

More HP, ground up restore of everything else, etc, etc...

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah the bike builder virus has always been lurking in the shadows, but it's not until recently, that i have had the time and the money to truely become obsessed! As for connections, this build has helped me build many, and these days i know who i can and cannot trust with doing work for me.

The next project is already sitting on the bike table in my garage! a Yamaha TRX850, which is in need a total engine re-build, and a complete restore everywhere else....the bike has seen 12 years of everyday riding with not the greatest maintenance routine exercised over the years, but is still in rough, but straight condition...the plan...go nuts with it!

More HP, ground up restore of everything else, etc, etc...

:BLAA: LOL ..... That did'nt take long at all !! so whats the game plan for the TRX? make a thread for it and post some pics for us!!! I'm gettin my build FIX vicariously through you right now Man while my money is down..... Don't keep me waitin I'M JONESING!!! :rockon: :rockon: :D Found a pic of a TRX CAFE Whew Wee SWEET!!!

Last edited: