New Photo Comps? worth setting up or not?

Extra Photo Competitions...good idea or not?

• There should be a Modified Bike of the Month Competition

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • There should be a "Where has your bike been?" Competition every month

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The Forum should run both of these comps alongside BOTM

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Leave everything as it is, i hate change!

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the more photo comps the better, this means more pics to look at.

I love pics :D

Hence why i wanna do the Modified bike competition...so i can peak at everyone else's "goodies"....

It's just how to format such a comp...thinking......

:thumbup:

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hence why i wanna do the Modified bike competition...so i can peak at everyone else's "goodies"....

It's just how to format such a comp...thinking......

Problem with modified bike is how do you define a modified bike, 3 or more mods eg, exhaust, levers, screen, or does just 1 mod pass. Plus would this comp be open to bikes other bikes such as say....a Speed Triple ? :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem with modified bike is how do you define a modified bike, 3 or more mods eg, exhaust, levers, screen, or does just 1 mod pass. Plus would this comp be open to bikes other bikes such as say....a Speed Triple ? :D

Good point, i guess if you enter a bike with one mod, you probably aint gonna win! Unless it's $10000 worth of engine work! If the comp is to be judged by a selected panel, then i guess it would be up to them to sort the $hit from the shovel!

And being an FZ6 forum, i think that it would really need to be an FZ6 you are entering...although i would be happy to consider entry's other than FZ6's....There is enough Members on here, with other makes, or models of bike, so we could have a non FZ6 winner as well...maybe not every month...

In Fact, re the FZ6 modded bike comp, maybe it would be a better idea to run it quarterly....and have a Winter, Summer, Spring & Autumn winner, and then......maybe even a Yearly winner, that is judged from the 4 quarterly winners???

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good point, i guess if you enter a bike with one mod, you probably aint gonna win! Unless it's $10000 worth of engine work! If the comp is to be judged by a selected panel, then i guess it would be up to them to sort the $hit from the shovel!

And being an FZ6 forum, i think that it would really need to be an FZ6 you are entering...although i would be happy to consider entry's other than FZ6's....There is enough Members on here, with other makes, or models of bike, so we could have a non FZ6 winner as well...maybe not every month...

In Fact, re the FZ6 modded bike comp, maybe it would be a better idea to run it quarterly....and have a Winter, Summer, Spring & Autumn winner, and then......maybe even a Yearly winner, that is judged from the 4 quarterly winners???

I agree about the idea of it being a quarterly deal as this would also give people a bit more time to save $ for their mods... it may also get those people who don't believe in modding some time between each winner to come over to the dark side.

As far as me trying to get the Speedy in there, maybe a yearly comp for non fizzers would be ok ?

Last edited:

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i'm not really going to vote on this. whatever you decide is fine with me. i will say this though... someone who has an eye for modding their bike and making it look nice should also have an eye for getting it in a good shot. i don't really see the big deal. hence me not voting. :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree about the idea of it being a quarterly deal as this would also give people a bit more time to save $ for their mods... it may also get those people who don't believe in modding some time between each winner to come over to the dark side.

As far as me trying to get the Speedy in there, maybe a yearly comp for non fizzers would be ok ?

Quarterly would be less work....Would have to set up a facility where entrants could submit their entry's in a blog post or something, where they could insert more than ten images, or something...might need to speak to Dennis (Admin - Site God) about how we could do so???

Re your bike... i think you should post some photo's of it anyway...it's a sweet looking ride from what i have seen!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quarterly would be less work....Would have to set up a facility where entrants could submit their entry's in a blog post or something, where they could insert more than ten images, or something...might need to speak to Dennis (Admin - Site God) about how we could do so???

Re your bike... i think you should post some photo's of it anyway...it's a sweet looking ride from what i have seen!

Yes, he does love his Speed 3. Hasn't given it a name though - all the other "girls" have had names...... Don't encourage him to post pics of it - I have to deal with his "mistress" every day - I'm a little jealous ;)

For what it's worth, BOTM should be for Fizzers and then maybe a non FZ6 bike comp quarterly would be cool - hey I could enter the DT175 LOL......

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, he does love his Speed 3. Hasn't given it a name though - all the other "girls" have had names...... Don't encourage him to post pics of it - I have to deal with his "mistress" every day - I'm a little jealous ;)

For what it's worth, BOTM should be for Fizzers and then maybe a non FZ6 bike comp quarterly would be cool - hey I could enter the DT175 LOL......

My bike has a name...but it's a boy..."Damien" (From the Omen, cause the alarm on the bike is evil!)

Dont Encourage! WTF! I am a picture whore, and i wanna see some of that Triumph Sexiness!

:D

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I do not ride with the reason of taking pictures, but it is nice to have the opportunity of doing so, and even more, sharing with this great community with the added encouragement of winning the simple fact of having people that like riding bikes see your pictures and find them enjoyable.:rockon:

Setting up multiple "Comps" will require more time and attention of moderators, administrators, etc. So, if you guys are willing to spare more time/resources to do this, I think there will be more pictures posted, which will be a benefit for all of us.:thumbup:

I do have fun with the riding game, even though, initially I though it was kind of dangerous riding around looking for something specific so you can get a picture with your bike. When I first started riding, I was finding myself trying to divide my attention to both my riding and searching for the specific location for the picture :spank:

I do like the idea of having a selected group of voters (previous winners and lots of posts) being the ones picking a winner of a Modified Bike of the season (spring, summer, fall, winter) and then picking from those four the one for the year.:thumbup:

Also, I guess we can all create our own Albums. Could there be a "specific" Album where everyone who wants to participate on a specific "competition" post their pictures and then those albums could be linked to the "main competition" Album?

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, I guess we can all create our own Albums. Could there be a "specific" Album where everyone who wants to participate on a specific "competition" post their pictures and then those albums could be linked to the "main competition" Album?

I like this idea.:thumbup:

Caladin

Reaction score
Visit site
Problem with modified bike is how do you define a modified bike, 3 or more mods eg, exhaust, levers, screen, or does just 1 mod pass.

This is a very good point. Almost every bike posted has something changed. I'm curious if my bike would be considered modified? It has many mods, though almost all of them are non standard.

I don't really care if botm is changed into different sections. I only post to share a nice picture of my favorite bike in a interesting location. And I'm sure I can do that with either set up.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is a very good point. Almost every bike posted has something changed. I'm curious if my bike would be considered modified? It has many mods, though almost all of them are non standard.

I don't really care if botm is changed into different sections. I only post to share a nice picture of my favorite bike in a interesting location. And I'm sure I can do that with either set up.

There would be rules, and also, common sense must prevail, if you have a new set of grips, and an FE, well, that's modified, but not really a "Special"...

Something like my bike is more what i am talking about when i say modified...or a bike with full touring kit, or something like that...

Modified Bike comp, is more about the mods, how you did them, etc, etc, explanations, what the aim of the mods was, etc..

Anyway, that's how i see it.