New rider form Charlotte

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,
I got my 08FZ6, Black, Stock on March 29th 2015, 3200 miles.
It came with Yamaha frame sliders, Sierra GPS tracker(needs new subscription), Cortech Micro 2.0 Tank Bag.
I'm planning to add/do/mod few things like
1. BD43(to have both the headlights connected to DRL), Thinking of getting this, do i still need to go for BD43 to run both the headlights?

2. I'm planning for these, with an ON/OF switch for an underglow. I'm from Charlotte, NC and I assume Red, Blue, Purple are not allowed, I'm planning for white.Tutorial here

3. On the headlights, from outside, it looks like there are two holes, that looks like DRL as in this image, I opened the panel and i see there is no bulb there, looks like a sealed plastic, can i break/cut-open and seal to fit these/similar free bulbs mentioned in this listing?

4. Are any of these remote alarms are worth putting on? I'm getting a garage next week from my apartment complex
Motorcycle Anti-theft Device Two-way Alarm Cut-ray Bm-988 - US$49.89
or spy 5000m etc.

Most of these questions might sound dumb for you guys, but this is where i got stuck..!

afx600

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

I would say even with HID's you would still have to do the BD43 mod to get both to run at the same time. Someone else may know more on that. I'm over here in Tennessee, and I have had red LED lights on both my truck and both bikes never been told not to have them. From what I understand it is okay as long as they are not 1. On the front of the vehicle, and 2. Not flashing or strobing while vehicle is in operation. Must be solid in color. I would imagine white not really being an issue since it is not an emergency vehicle color. If you're needing any reference on what to get I have always bought from LEDGlow Lighting, LLC. Have had great service from them and pretty good prices. Run pink lights on my mom's bike as well.

If having the pod lights like an R1 is what you mean kind of like this of course solid if you wanted running lights, just a quick video I found of the pod lights lol.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/12060-podlight-indicators.html
Here is a small tutorial on what I have found that I am planning to do.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/18867-r1-pod-light-install.html Could use those LED ones you linked I would imagine.

No idea on the alarm had a few people I know get them, but no idea how effective it is. I can say though I don't know how great of a product it is when the picture shows "Speraker" instead of "Speaker" for the one you posted.

Last edited:

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

I would say even with HID's you would still have to do the BD43 mod to get both to run at the same time. Someone else may know more on that. I'm over here in Tennessee, and I have had red LED lights on both my truck and both bikes never been told not to have them. From what I understand it is okay as long as they are not 1. On the front of the vehicle, and 2. Not flashing or strobing while vehicle is in operation. Must be solid in color. I would imagine white not really being an issue since it is not an emergency vehicle color. If you're needing any reference on what to get I have always bought from LEDGlow Lighting, LLC. Have had great service from them and pretty good prices. Run pink lights on my mom's bike as well.

If having the pod lights like an R1 is what you mean kind of like this of course solid if you wanted running lights, just a quick video I found of the pod lights lol.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/12060-podlight-indicators.html
Here is a small tutorial on what I have found that I am planning to do.
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/18867-r1-pod-light-install.html Could use those LED ones you linked I would imagine.

No idea on the alarm had a few people I know get them, but no idea how effective it is. I can say though I don't know how great of a product it is when the picture shows "Speraker" instead of "Speaker" for the one you posted.

Thank you for your reply.
I'm looking forward for the pod lights and planning to do BD43 soon(the guy who sells the HID kits off of ebay, told the same).
I learned white LEDs(solid) underglow is not illegal in NC(my biker friend told he had them earlier before the wreck).
Will update my gallery with more upgrades soon.
Speraker, LOL good find.
BTW, I would like to do the LED myself buying the strip, cutting into required lengths, the website you mentioned is kind of expensive for me.

Last edited:

afx600

Reaction score
Visit site
You can definitely find LED lights for less. I just stand by their product because I know their quality, and when something doesn't work they have replaced it quickly with no problems. It's not too terrible though with their current 15% off, and you get free shipping. A 6 piece single color kit is $51.00, and you still get the wireless keyfob remote to turn it on/off and control the fading/flashing patterns.

There's plenty of other brands though that's for sure :thumbup:
Another place is LED Lights, Bulbs & LED Lighting Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS | Super Bright LEDs typically if you need some kind of LED be motorcycle related or not they have it.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
You can definitely find LED lights for less. I just stand by their product because I know their quality, and when something doesn't work they have replaced it quickly with no problems. It's not too terrible though with their current 15% off, and you get free shipping. A 6 piece single color kit is $51.00, and you still get the wireless keyfob remote to turn it on/off and control the fading/flashing patterns.

There's plenty of other brands though that's for sure :thumbup:
Another place is LED Lights, Bulbs & LED Lighting Accessories - SUPER BRIGHT LEDS | Super Bright LEDs typically if you need some kind of LED be motorcycle related or not they have it.

Thank You AFX600. That info really helps.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, how can i connect something like USB charger or similar stuff to ignition instead of connecting directly to the battery terminals?

afx600

Reaction score
Visit site
BTW, how can i connect something like USB charger or similar stuff to ignition instead of connecting directly to the battery terminals?
There's a few options if you don't want to have it directly connected to the battery terminal all the time.

Just for an example if you have this
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041CDPQO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944579842&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004QDBI76&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KER2W6W7RYKJVYP3HA2"]Amazon.com: Battery Tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect: Automotive[/ame]
and this
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-081-0069-6-Terminal-Disconnect/dp/B000NCOKZQ/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_y"]Amazon.com: Battery Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug: Automotive[/ame]

You could disconnect it at any time. Still has to be attached to the battery terminal though. It's not very hard to lift the tank up and get to the battery. I am not sure of any way to get a 12v or usb charger on without attaching it to the battery terminal without doing some kind of crazy splicing, and chancing messing something up. :confused:

Not sure if you have a Cycle Gear around you, but they should have them as well.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a few options if you don't want to have it directly connected to the battery terminal all the time.

Just for an example if you have this
Amazon.com: Battery Tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect: Automotive
and this
Amazon.com: Battery Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug: Automotive

You could disconnect it at any time. Still has to be attached to the battery terminal though. It's not very hard to lift the tank up and get to the battery. I am not sure of any way to get a 12v or usb charger on without attaching it to the battery terminal without doing some kind of crazy splicing, and chancing messing something up. :confused:

Not sure if you have a Cycle Gear around you, but they should have them as well.

Hi,
I already purchased this
and mounted too.
but in one of the how to do videos on a Kawasaki, the guy connected to the brake lights or so, yes he spliced I remember.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, just wondering to buy new rear tire(front tire is 5 months/1000 miles old), 70% city driving and occasional twisties(very rare), and 25% highway riding, I'll search through this site for that.
I'm wondering about changing the brake lines and pads, they are 6-7 yrs old, but the fluids are topped off in march along with inspection. I see townsends.. and Vegasriders used the original brake pads for many years/miles, so i'm not worried about pads, but lines, are they important to be changed?Is that required to change the brake pads, lines like the tires(expires after certain years)?