New rider on r6

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
never lend your bike to a beginner ... lol
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmHK0XFCPVI]First Ride Yamaha R6, Crash Russia - YouTube[/ame]

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to add: film any stretch of the road in Russia for 5 minutes for a guaranteed awesome youtube video!!

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
The guy that loaned his bike got what he deserved and the other guy should have been handed the keys to a Honda CB125 in a large, empty parking lot.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure. I've been to the lands where those languages are spoken and they don't look anything like that (both Farsi and Hebrew sound similar to each other and they don't sound like that to me either)....

Maybe Serbo-croat. I've been through Croatia and they sound similar and the landscape / background-vehicles look similar.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the reaction of the guy with the camera is like that of a person who knew long ago what was about to happen.

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure on bike prices but cars are normally "cheaper" overseas. In '02, I could buy a brand new loaded Audi A8 for $20k in the Balkans and I could get a brand new higher-end Mercedes for about the same. Depends on where you go, I suppose. Wealthier areas probably sell vehicles at higher prices.

In Afghanistan / Turkey / Iraq '05, you could get a new Land Cruiser for $18k but leasing the same vehicle was $1500 per month (lovely government rate).

Considering that Russia is really picking back up economically, I expect that the prices aren't too far off of US prices - adjusted. I base this assumption on absolutely nothing.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
not sure about used market, but according to Yamaha's russian site R6 (tagline: Enjoy the Extreme) brand new is ... wait for it. wait for it

$17,773.00 :eek:

I've looked at european sites, and prices go from $14k in UK to $16k in poland, so I guess it's not that far off.

Btw, I didnt hear anything that indicates that the bike is borrowed - it could be the owner riding, or did i miss something? If the guy making the video was the owner, I'd imagine his reaction would be more energetic than just one "blya", but maybe that's why the video cuts off? :D

If it was indeed a loaner, must be nice being able to afford looking at some clown who clearly has no clue how to ride a motorcycle (maybe he did ride Jawa. once. w/o starting the motor) and not give in to desire to intervene. :Flip:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Prices vary greatly in Russia, depending on region. I can tell you that the city I visit, which is ~500 miles South of Moscow .. cars AND bikes are 40% more expensive than in the states. :eek: :eek:

pulsar2

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Letting a newbie even sit on your bike is a recipe for disaster. My friend learnt the hard way when his brand new bike (<500kms) was dropped while he had parked - when a newbie clown wanted a feel of how heavy the bike was.
He(newbie) did say it was very heavy for him -after he dropped it to the ground - scratching the silencer,handlebar,brake lever etc. I think that day he got very close to getting killed for being stupid.