New rider

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
They actually do make a restrictor kit for the fz6 I don't know if it's easy to get in the states but I know there are members over seas who have them

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, the FZ6 can be restricted down to 33hp, not entirely sure as I haven't done it, but I believe it is just a bolt on item to the throttle grip assembly that restricts the opening of the throttle, but don't hold me to that :confused:

Secondy, as its kinda related, I'll try and clarify the current UK motorcycle test format, sorry in advance for a wordy post :banghead:

In the UK there are two test options, A2 and A1.

Anyone aged 17 and older can take an A2 test, on a motorcycle of at least 125cc, giving them a power restriction of 33hp for 2 years upon passing.

The A1 test can be taken by anyone 21 and older, on a motorcycle of at least 500cc, giving them no restrictions upon passing.

As of a couple of years ago the test is split into two parts, one off the public road, and one on.

The off road part involves all typical maneuvers including, emergency stop, hazard avoidance, slalom, slow control, etc.

The road part consists mainly of a 30 or so minute ride, shadowed by an examiner, with a few pillion safety/bike setup related questions at the end.

The first, off road part of the test must be completed before the second, on road part.

I believe it is a excellent test, requiring a reasonable level of skill and commitment to pass.

If anyone would like to know more just say the word :eek:

Yamahaboyz

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it's called a FZ6R

That's Cold !!! Accurate, but COLD !!

My FZ6 is my first bike. Just over 2 years ago I took the MSF Sat and Sun, went to the DPS on Mon and took the multiple guess test and the bike was delivered Tuesday (dealership wasn't open Monday).

For background I am 6ft 6, 250lb (ish) and almost 50 years old. Am I happy with my bike? You betcha! Keep it below 8k and it's a fun touring bike, but get it up about 8 or 9 and it's a whole other beast.

As far as riding in Texas is concerned there is a mob called the Two Wheeled Texans who organize monthly "Pie Runs" throughout the state as well as local "chapters" that meet on a regular basis. Give them a holler and tell then Scottie sent you.

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
It sounds to me like these act like a turbocharged car, calm until the turbo kicks in, I might go the route of starting on an fz6. The neighborhood where I stay has some nice corners and areas to build confidence before hitting the road