New tire noise? PR2s

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
So Lola (Wife named her:rolleyes:) got new shoes. I put on a new set of Pilot Road 2s on Friday, but I didn't get to ride until today due to the rain. I noticed a high pitched noise coming from my bike that got lower as I slowed and higher as I sped up and stopped when I was not moving. It didn't start until I changed the tires. And it doesn't seem to be affected by applying the breaks (I thought maybe they were rubbing). Is it just because they're new tires? Or the Dynabeads I used for balancing? I'd prefer my bike not self-destruct on the way home...lol

Thanks for any input.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check chain tension, rear wheel alignment and of course tire pressure.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah.. something's off. I switched from stock to RP2s and there's no noise whatsoever.

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed increased tire noise when I switched to PR2s. I've been running them for over 5K and no problems so far. Wear is minimal. Not sure if it has to do with the tread pattern or the compound, but I could tell as soon as I got it up to speed on the way home from the shop. I barely notice it anymore.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Agree with Motogiro, check stuff. Been running PR2's on FJR, FZ6 and FZ1 for years and never had any noticable tire noise.