New to the forum

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to the biking world. I took a Rider Ed course about 2 weeks ago, obtained my license last Tuesday and bought a 2009 FZ6 with only 624 miles on it last Wednesday. All I can say is, I'm in Love! I already put 300 miles on the bike and its only that low because it rained for a couple of days. I'm still thinking about what I want to do to it but need some thoughts.

I would like to get a smoked front windscreen because I think that would look awesome since its a black bike.

I'm also considering the Two Brothers Carbon Fiber black edition exhaust kit with the fender deletion and turn signals. Now, I'm not sure if I should get the kit because it will make the bike louder and cops will here me coming from a mile away (whether or not I'm going the speed limit). Any opinions?

I'm iffy about the turn signals because I think low profile signals in the back and stock lights in the front are going to make it look ugly but I haven't seen it done in person yet so I could be wrong.

Also, I installed frame sliders today, just in case. The guy who owned it before me dropped it in his driveway on both sides leaving small scratches which can be touched up.

SAM_1060.jpg

SAM_1062.jpg

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Looks like your bike even came with new tires -- they don't appear to be the stock Dunlop Sportmax.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum!
Where in Jersey? We've got a few members in Jersey. I used to live there a long time ago.

The tires are Bridgestone BT-020. I had them when I had my FZ6.

Take your time. Get geared up with good pants Jacket gloves and boots. I know you're already required to have a brain bucket...:rockon:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Looks sweet. A few mods and you will be good to go! All black does look pretty good. Blue looks the best however. :D Ride safe and enjoy the ride!

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
The tires are Bridgestone BT-020. I had them when I had my FZ6.

yup, same tires that came factory on my 2006 model as well...pretty terrible tires IMHO. They scallop terrible up front and got a bad flat spot in 3,500 miles even though I mostly ride twisties.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum! Yeah.. where in NJ are you? I'm in Hillsborough (central). Where did you take your MSF course?

As for pipes, TB IS very loud.. one of the loudest options for FZ6. However, you can get tips for it which will drop the sound level by 7 dB.

As for turn signals, while nearly all aftermarket ones are less visible than stock (generally because they're all smaller), imo they look better.. this is highly subjective though. I tinted my stock ones just to be different :)

36735d1309634764-weird-nj-ride-july-2-wnj1_3.jpg

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I live outside of Trenton. I took my RENJ course in Lincroft at Brookdale College. I'm also looking to buy some black levers for the clutch and front break. Erci, any other exhaust ideas? And we defiantly need to meet up for a ride. You're only about 30 min from me (15 min by bike, lol).

Also, now I'm getting nervous about modding it since I may want to upgrade in the future (FZ1).

However, if I decide its worth it to mod, I would get:
Exhaust
Smoked windscreen
Black levers

as a start

Last edited:

ssmotorcycle

The Emmy Winning Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard. You have purchased an extremely solid motorcycle. I have the 2007 and have put just over 3200 miles on it since the first week of April. I went to the Michelin Pilot 2CT's and they have been awesome. I also have the Two Brother Carbon Fiber system and I love it. It is a little loud, but not terrible around town unless you stomp 11000 RPM's all over the place. They do make a fair blast on the highway at about 70+ mph. Great tone though. Also the fender deletion is awesome especially if you decide to ever get soft saddlebags for it....I use them on road trips all the time and would be lost without them now. I also have the PAZZO RACING ADJUSTABLE SHORT CLUTCH/BRAKE LEVERS....LOVE THEM!!!! By the way, I agree with an earlier statement...make sure you gear up properly before these mods!

Again, welcome to the club and happy riding.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I live outside of Trenton. I took my RENJ course in Lincroft at Brookdale College. I'm also looking to buy some black levers for the clutch and front break. Erci, any other exhaust ideas? And we defiantly need to meet up for a ride. You're only about 30 min from me (15 min by bike, lol).

Also, now I'm getting nervous about modding it since I may want to upgrade in the future (FZ1).

However, if I decide its worth it to mod, I would get:
Exhaust
Smoked windscreen
Black levers

as a start

My other exhaust recommendation would be Leo Vince. Lots of people run those cans (myself included). Great sound without being too loud (provided you keep dB killers in).

As for upgrading in general, I was sure I'd be upgrading last year.. until I put Leo Vince on. It completely transformed the bike. Sounds so damn good now.. I never want to come back home once I'm out riding :thumbup:

I highly recommend eBay levers. They're clones of high end ones for a quarter of the price. I've had mine for over a year.. no issues.

Keep an eye on the Northeast forum. I'm probably going to be setting up a group ride on Sat, Jul 16th.

Full Throttle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered the Two Brothers Carbon Fiber Black edition exhaust kit. Should be here in about a week.

Next will be clutch and break levers and a smoked windscreen. Maybe turn signal mirrors and neon green or yellow LEDs

Last edited: