New to this Forum - Kamloops BC 2007 FZ6

Kamloops

JoeDanger.com
Reaction score
www.joedanger.com
Hi.

I have made a few posts and figured I should introduce myself here.

I live in Kamloops BC Canada. Just got back into riding after not riding for about 22 years.

Grew up in Mt Dufferin (Kamloops) riding dirt bikes and motocross, then late teens moved over to street.

First Street Bike was a 1979 Honda 750F, then a 1981 Honda CB750F, and then a 1984 Honda V65 Magna.

It was on the 1981 Honda CB750F that I really started to get interested in Racing. My plan was to do some races at Westwood but after A serious accident with that one I stopped riding for a few years then went into a more of a cruiser style bike, the v65 (1100)

I decided I wanted to start riding again. After looking at bikes I boiled it down to the FZ6 and the Aprila Shiver. Went with the FZ6, less money and I liked the reliability of having a Yamaha.

I wanted a Red one and ended up buying in Seattle as I could not get one in Kamloops and in Vancouver it would have been 2k more.

Back in the early 80's used to ride pretty crazy. Me and my buddies used to sneak in to the old abandoned oval track at skidam flats in Kamloops and race
there. I am sure alot of people these days dont even know that track was there. Here is a picture from google earth of the track. It is still there.

paullake.jpg

Now I am much more mellow and will be taking it easy. Has been alot of years since I rode and I have 3 girls at home that need me.

I have only 400km on the bike and love it. So far I have taken off all stickers, added motivation Frame Sliders and ordered a EvoTech Tail Tidy. Not sure what else I will do for mods.

Cheers,

Mike

Welcome Mike! Good call on the mellower riding, we like our FZ6s rubber side down!!

So did you find a new 2007? It's a nice discount to get last year's model, huh?

Enjoy your new ride but watch out, the red ones are much faster than the others!

Welcome Mike! Good call on the mellower riding, we like our FZ6s rubber side down!!

So did you find a new 2007? It's a nice discount to get last year's model, huh?

Enjoy your new ride but watch out, the red ones are much faster than the others!

Yes, got a great price. $5971.00 for a brand new 2007. Great discount. Plus I wanted a red one so worked out great. My best friend picked up a blue one at the same time.

Here they are waiting to be loaded into the truck.

fz.jpg

welcome to the forum! because your friend has the other color.... on you mark, get set, GOOOOOOO! sorry but the blue ones are faster :D

Back