Newbie alert

I road a 2008 FZ6 the other day and thought man this is a smooth bike. I knew the HP needed to be coaxed out with some RPM so it was a surprise the bike would loaf around at 3k without issue and it seemed to be very adept at lowly commute duty.

I was drawn to that smoothness. I always read about the lack of torque and plain vanilla character of inline 4 bikes but they don't say that they are smooth as snot.

I am riding a Ninja 500r and as some of you know that is NOT as smooth as snot. I really don't mind the bike but I have a neck vertebrae that does. The upright position of the FZ6 is much better for that.

I am looking out for a low mileage bike. I found a good 07 so maybe that might work out. There is a 2011 FZ6R locally but for the life of me I can't see any pluses going with that. Is the midrange really better? Everything I read makes me think the FZ6 is a better choice. However, I will very rarely explore the HP on the FZ6 so that is not really a big deal I guess.

I look forward to picking up a bike and becoming a participant around here. I am an everyday rider with no car so the bike will get real 3 season use.
Welcome and good luck with the hunt.
Neil

Back