newbie to FZ6 needs advice on mods

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to reduce the vibration on the grips as my throttle hand goes numb rather quickly.
Question (s):

Will grip puppies work with throttlemeister cruise control ? (thinking about getting this cruise control-thoughts on this or other crusie controls ?)

Does the heavy Throttlemister bar ends help dampen vibtration as well ?

Is there a different grip that provides a reduction in vibration and can be used with this Cruise control ? (or other type of cruise control.)

Finally- excuse my ignorance here, what is the advantage of the syn. oil vs the standard yamaha lube ? and what is recommended ? Any effect on vibration ?

I'm also thinking I may want to move the bars in and up slightly and am thinking about the Motech bar risers ? Any thoughts on this ?

I will also be getting some gloves with gel.

Any help or comments from you users in the know would be very appreciated.

Last edited:
most of your questions I do not know the answer to.... I bought some progrips and they helped alot over the stock grips (wrist pain was my problem) If you hands are going numb try to loosen your grip some, it is a nessesary evil to have slightly numb hands after a long ride but it seems a little much by how you are asking... hope this helps.

I know everything about oil. It comes out of the ground and into the FZ's engine...

Search under oil you will be able to read more than you could ever want to on the topic.

Back