Nice Policeman

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'd been out riding since 7.30 yesterday morning. Been through Worcester - Nice cathedral - then on to the Malvern Hills - Stunning views, why didn't I take my camera Doh! - Down to Eastnor Castle & into Glouscester - another nice cathedral. Headed home through Upton on Severn, Pershore & Evesham (Sunny day, stopped at the market for a cup of tea & to watch the girlies wander by - marvelous).

Back on the bike last leg of the ride home, mostly dual carriage way (70 mph limit) found myself doing about 95 mph looked in the mirror, about 1/4 of a mile back see a blue flashing light. Oh Sh*t! :banghead:

I throttled off, & a few seconds later this motorcyle cop on a BMW pulls up alongside me. I looked over, he gives me a disapproving look shakes his head to indicate that I shouldn't be doing that sort of speed, which I acknowledge with a dutiful nod of the head.

I'm just about to pull over, when he drops a cog on the Beemer, cracks the throttle open & disappears off into the distance. What a nice Policeman.

Perhaps he was just in a good mood, on his way home for his dinner, off shift, who knows. I prefer to think he was just a very nice man! :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'd been out riding since 7.30 yesterday morning. Been through Worcester - Nice cathedral - then on to the Malvern Hills - Stunning views, why didn't I take my camera Doh! - Down to Eastnor Castle & into Glouscester - another nice cathedral. Headed home through Upton on Severn, Pershore & Evesham (Sunny day, stopped at the market for a cup of tea & to watch the girlies wander by - marvelous).

Back on the bike last leg of the ride home, mostly dual carriage way (70 mph limit) found myself doing about 95 mph looked in the mirror, about 1/4 of a mile back see a blue flashing light. Oh Sh*t! :banghead:

I throttled off, & a few seconds later this motorcyle cop on a BMW pulls up alongside me. I looked over, he gives me a disapproving look shakes his head to indicate that I shouldn't be doing that sort of speed, which I acknowledge with a dutiful nod of the head.

I'm just about to pull over, when he drops a cog on the Beemer, cracks the throttle open & disappears off into the distance. What a nice Policeman.

Perhaps he was just in a good mood, on his way home for his dinner, off shift, who knows. I prefer to think he was just a very nice man! :D
You do come across nice rozzers. I reckon he didn't tug you because. Although you were perhaps traveling with out regard for fuel economy (I dislike the word speeding) you were doing it in a safe manner. The fact that you spotted him shows you had due car and attention. Were you on a religious pilgrimage?

pedwards89

Reaction score
Visit site
You do come across nice rozzers. I reckon he didn't tug you because. Although you were perhaps traveling with out regard for fuel economy (I dislike the word speeding) you were doing it in a safe manner. The fact that you spotted him shows you had due car and attention. Were you on a religious pilgrimage?

One of the quotes I liked on the other thread I posted was something like 'young riders pick a destination, old riders pick a direction'. That's what I did, went westish. :D