No one wants to by my bike...so the streetfighter project continues

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
the R6 swingarm looks amazing and suits the bike way more! it swoops the same as the main frame swoops.

if someone wanted to do a swingarm swap, would it be possible without needing to fab major parts? keep stock shock? I mean, there are places that will CNC online from a solidworks file for fairly reasonable costs but for all I know it could be a more strightforward swap?

it just looks so much better than that cheapo bar that looks like it came off my ninja 500.

There would definitely need to be some fabrication. The FZ6 shock mounts under the left-butt cheek, the R6 mounts in the center, you might be able to avoid the dog bone mount by having a brace or mounting point welded to the bottom of the R6 swingarm but it would make more sense to just add a mounting point for the dog bone on the FZ6 cross brace.

Last edited:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Still not ready for the 'Big Reveal' have to finish the tank. But I did add some pictures of the exhaust and rear suspension mounting points in the original post. I hope to have the tank done by the end of this week or the end of next, then I will post up pictures of the finished project :thumbup:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Still not ready for the 'Big Reveal' have to finish the tank. But I did add some pictures of the exhaust and rear suspension mounting points in the original post. I hope to have the tank done by the end of this week or the end of next, then I will post up pictures of the finished project :thumbup:

Looking soooo good :drool:

I can't wait to see the finished project :thumbup: (and the howto's :D:Flash:)

Grtz,

Degake