Not yet...

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
Stopped by the local Honda/Suzuki dealer and checked out the showroom. Still can't find anything that makes me want to trade in the FZ. If I did more touring, then certainly a FJR would be on the short list but they're so dad-gum heavy that I can't imagine them being all that fun to ride in traffic and with the amount of riding I do (trips less than 20miles). I like the NC700, but am afraid I'd miss the 98hp the FZ puts out even if at high rpms. I also like the Vstrom, but again, I don't ride enough miles to warrant the upgrade cost. The Honda ST while nice, is old tech compared to the FJR and Concours and is still a pig.

Bottom line, the FZ6 is such a great bike for everyday riding, commuting, and overall ease of riding, there's just nothing else out there than can compete IMO. Plus, I love the fact that it's a beast when I want yet is easy enough to ride, I can casually flick it through traffic.

Oh well, my wallet thanks me and I don't have to duck and cover when I get home. :rockon:

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Defiantly agree with you that the FZ is a great all around bike but your main problem was you went to a Honda/Suzuki dealer:BLAA: Go to a Triumph dealership and I would wager to say you might see something that catches your eye:thumbup: Just my opinion of course but I think Triumph would be about the only other brand that would bring me away from Yami.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Bikes I would consider to actually get me off my streetfighter FZ1 (130 hp/70 lb*ft)

1. Tuono V4R (142hp, 72 lb*ft) , but that might be too much of a monster for what I need
2. Speed Triple R (118 hp, 75lb*ft)
3. FJR1300ES (127 hp)

But for the money, you cant' beat the Fz1 (Fz6 is nice too, just too small for me)

JamJar13

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2007 FJR with Wilbers suspension front and rear and a reasonably standard 2007 FZ6 and I have had a lot of bikes over the past 40 years and between these two I'm as happy as a pig in ...

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 4

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bikes I would consider to actually get me off my streetfighter FZ1 (130 hp/70 lb*ft)

1. Tuono V4R (142hp, 72 lb*ft) , but that might be too much of a monster for what I need
2. Speed Triple R (118 hp, 75lb*ft)
3. FJR1300ES (127 hp)

But for the money, you cant' beat the Fz1 (Fz6 is nice too, just too small for me)

Not sure where you got your figures but since 2004 and up, (the 2013, 2014 models((GEN III)) even slightly higher). Rated HP for the FJR is 145(at least at the engine), NOT 127.

Makes power wheelies (no clutching either) at 4K in first and second gear a piece of cake :)

Last edited:

Assumer

Reaction score
Visit site
Defiantly agree with you that the FZ is a great all around bike but your main problem was you went to a Honda/Suzuki dealer:BLAA: Go to a Triumph dealership and I would wager to say you might see something that catches your eye:thumbup: Just my opinion of course but I think Triumph would be about the only other brand that would bring me away from Yami.

Having owned a speed triple (which I sold 6 months or so ago) Triumph is a great bike and the triple is a great engine but... In my area they are difficult to get serviced and modifying is so damn expensive. I also missed some amenities such as a fuel gauge. Great engine though.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure where you got your figures but since 2004 and up, (the 2013, 2014 models((GEN III)) even slightly higher). Rated HP for the FJR is 145(at least at the engine), NOT 127.

Makes power wheelies (no clutching either) at 4K in first and second gear a piece of cake :)

I was going off the dyno numbers from Sport Rider tested on an actual bike.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site

I'm looking forward to seeing the new FZ-09. Only draw back I can see if the small gas tank.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site

still needs a 6-speed tranny...