One contact or none?

What should I do about my missing contact?

• Take the other contact out

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After several hours of funny vision, I realized that I am missing a contact lens. My vision is not that bad but bad enough that missing one contact is annoying and starting to give me a headache. I know your brain adjusts to having one out of focus eye, but I don't know how long that takes.

My question is, should I do the 20 mile highway ride home with one contact or take the other one out to have equally fuzzy vision in both eyes? Keep in mind that I can see without my contacts, just wording on signs is a bit fuzzy.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LASIK and be happy. Had mine done 9 to 10 years ago, the best health related thing I've done.

Life is too short to go through it squinting.

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Although I cannot relate in any way to you, as I do not wear contacts, I wear glasses. I would never ride my bike without my trusty specs. I would suggest you keep an extra emergency set, or get a pair of glasses just in case, or get lasic? Good luck with that.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone was bored today huh? :D

I am actually going for Lasik soon... I hope I don`t end up being part of the small percentage of ppl that come out of it with issues for the rest of their lives...

Good luck with your tough decision :p

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have no idea since i have been blessed with 20/10 vision naturally but i would think that one eye is better than none working.

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know... I once lost a contact on the first day of a three-day sailing trip, and just wore the one lens for the rest of the weekend. By the beginning of the second day, my eyes/brain had somehow adjusted and I could see perfectly... (unless I covered up my "good" eye, of course). So I say - what the heck - go for it! One good eye might be all ya need! :thumbup:

Disclaimer: If you do crash into something on the way I home, I hereby retract my previous statement. Good luck.

W

wrightme43

Jab your eye with your finger to teach it a lesson.

LOL LOL LOL

H

HavBlue

i have no idea since i have been blessed with 20/10 vision naturally but i would think that one eye is better than none working.

I agree and wait till you are 50 when that 20/10 become 20/254 in one eye and 20/50 in the other. You'll swear you don't need glasses until you get them and things start looking right again.

J

jsteinb95

hmmmm...I wonder what choice he made.....he's GOT to be home by now!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to ride home with the one contact. My eyes had actually adjusted to the difference by the end of the day so I almost didn't notice, as Crystal observed.

What's funny is that my optometrist called me earlier to say that my new contacts were in, so I stopped by, put my new contacts in, and then headed to a party...:Sport:

Thanks everyone for the advice, it was good to hear from all the more experienced folks.

J

jsteinb95

I decided to ride home with the one contact. My eyes had actually adjusted to the difference by the end of the day so I almost didn't notice, as Crystal observed.

What's funny is that my optometrist called me earlier to say that my new contacts were in, so I stopped by, put my new contacts in, and then headed to a party...:Sport:

Thanks everyone for the advice, it was good to hear from all the more experienced folks.

so, do you want me to give all the people that said,"Have your wife pick you up from work and take you to the lasik place", an infraction??

j/k

glad you made it safely!

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so, do you want me to give all the people that said,"Have your wife pick you up from work and take you to the lasik place", an infraction??

j/k

glad you made it safely!

How do I get an "infraction"? I want to feel like one of the edgy, bad kids... I think it would be good for my image...:rockon: