One more from the track

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This was the last lap of 2nd session. Still messed up a bunch of corners (this was before I had a coach explain the *point* of apexes to me), but better cornering speeds in this one and steeper lean angles :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHl4zmkqm3w"]NJMP - ACE - Thunderbolt - 4/28/14 - part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like you had a great day and the track pretty much to yourself. It sounded like you stayed in the same gear - was it third? The double apex righthander looks challenging :rockon:

BenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't wait to do a track day! How many miles should I have of experience before I hit the track? I'm probably at 1500 miles total with 1000 of that on my FZ6 but that's been a lot of highway.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't wait to do a track day! How many miles should I have of experience before I hit the track? I'm probably at 1500 miles total with 1000 of that on my FZ6 but that's been a lot of highway.

On one hand, a bit more riding wouldn't hurt, but on the other.. track riding is drastically different from the street.

I would say if you feel very comfortable with all controls and can operate them smoothly, you should be able to handle track intro.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It looks like you had a great day and the track pretty much to yourself. It sounded like you stayed in the same gear - was it third? The double apex righthander looks challenging :rockon:

Yeah, 3rd all the way around.. 4th on the front straight.
If I ever get to a point where I'm happy with my lines and want to start putting down quicker times, I'll need to use 2nd in few spots.

Oh and that double apex right hander.. knee was down on the very 1st pass through that on R6. Never had my knee down on FZ1.. so while you can't buy skills.. having the right tool for the job does help :D

Last edited:

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the thumbs up at the end! Lol

Side note: is your brake fluid looking a little dark?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the thumbs up at the end! Lol

Side note: is your brake fluid looking a little dark?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I'll check when I get home.. most likely colors in vid are slightly off.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good eye it actually looks too full. be careful for the boil/ expansion:eek:

Checked it. The reason it looked too full and dark was because the rubber membrane was expanded into the fluid (it needs to be collapsed before tightening the cap). All good :thumbup: