Painted Vs. Puig

Hutchmaster34

Sparkie
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, just bought my first bike about 2 weeks ago and did my first small mod, i've seen some of those Puig windshields but honestly don't like the look so i painted the stock windshield with Krylon Plastic Fusion, just tapped off the edges and went to town. i guess i was just wondering if i was the only one that has painted the windshield? :confused:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you use a flat black or a glossy black? It looks shiny in the picture, but could just be the outside of the windshield reflecting.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
This is what he used.;)

krylongroup.jpg

So does that imply a particular finish as well? Most spray paints come in either glossy or flat, which was my original question. I get that it is Krylon Fusion specific to plastic, but my question still stands.:rolleyes:

Synr

Reaction score
Visit site
I've painted my windshield. I have the 2004 and now it looks like I have a normal windshield. It's painted on the outside to match the paint I also sprayed on the fairing.

<---------See avatar

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
looks sick, saved money, and you avoided having to rock that massive puig windscreen to eliminate the stock clear....all in all i'd call that a tri-fecta. and as for loosing visibility out of the windscreen, i was concerned about this as well so this past week i've been riding around and if you pay close attention you'll probably notice as I did that you never actually look through your windscreen, your either looking in front of it at your gauges or your looking over it to the road ahead because to actually be looking through your windscreen while riding would leave you staring at your front tire the whole time lol. :thumbup:

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
that looks great man! As an owner of the puig on my 08 I can now say after 1500 miles or so I have begun to regret my decision...greatly. All my head does now is get thrown around in all directions. I can't stand it! I saw somewhere else on the forum something about cutting the shield down entirely, which I may do to the puig and keep the stocker in reserve. Not sure yet, maybe will ebay it...I'm seriously pissed at myself for buying this pos screen! May try your method...

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks sweet! I might try that with my stock. I have a Puig and I'm pretty sure it helps with the wind, but I think I'm gonna compare the two again cause I really like how your stock turned out.

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Puig on the FZ but I painted the back of the screen on my son's ZR7S gloss black. Have to admit, I like the look of the painted screen better. We'll be putting some graphics on the front of the screen once he decides what he wants.

Hutchmaster34

Sparkie
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So does that imply a particular finish as well? Most spray paints come in either glossy or flat, which was my original question. I get that it is Krylon Fusion specific to plastic, but my question still stands.:rolleyes:

I used the gloss black and it definitely made the look more shinny which is what i was going for i'd assume if you use a flat black that you would still get a little shine cause of the windshield itself

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
I used the gloss black and it definitely made the look more shinny which is what i was going for i'd assume if you use a flat black that you would still get a little shine cause of the windshield itself

Weather you use flat or gloss, it will look virtually the same from the unpainted side. RC car paints are closer to flat than gloss. They are all painted on the inside.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Now I'm wondering if painting the 2005 windscreen would look as slick as yours.