Parting out 2005 R1

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Throwing it out there for anyone looking for parts. If I can get enough back on parts and money in then I will take it apart and send everything out.

Otherwise it's up for sale/trade locally.

Let me know if there's anything anyone has wanted or thinks they can jerry-rig.

Never know so just thought I'd put it out there.

FYI:

IMG_1094-1.jpg

IMG_9443.jpg

IMG_9444.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

Formerly........

IMG_1097-1.png

LOL this is why I can't have nice things.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, when I hit the ground I was doing about 180kph or thereabouts haha. So there is that I guess. But it's a pretty cool story. I'll have to share it soon. :) Just tied up at work atm and trying to get the ball rolling on the salvage operation across the interwebs.

Rearsets are not ok but I can actually get the two replacement parts for them quite easily.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested in anything that might work on a FZ1. I got some convertie bars so if the top triple clamp would work that would be cool.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, when I hit the ground I was doing about 180kph or thereabouts haha. So there is that I guess. But it's a pretty cool story. I'll have to share it soon. :) Just tied up at work atm and trying to get the ball rolling on the salvage operation across the interwebs.

Rearsets are not ok but I can actually get the two replacement parts for them quite easily.

Sorry to see that Lone! You mostly OK as in gonna mend up good as new? i Hope So!

Did you bring the front half home? I might be interesterd in the projectors if the body/mounts/lens is all intact.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man:eek:

You gotta tell us what happened, soon. When I saw the first pic I thought you bought a bike to sell parts off of. Then I saw the last pic and realized I remember when you got that bike.

Rest in Pieces...R1:(

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to (vaguely) hear about your off Lone :eek:, I really hope you're not hurt in any way (and that it was on the track). Let us know how you're doing, this is one hell of a way to announce your crash, but I guess we're used to your "understatements" by now :rolleyes:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

You copied my R1 modification technique!

Main thing is you're okay Lone!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol, I will go into more detail in another thread I'll throw up. Mostly it will be a write-up of lessons learned. Have it in note form on my phone. Have had nothing but time to think about it since it happened.

I am alright though. Haha I have honestly crashed so many times that I had a very calm response when I knew I was going to hit the deck. Go limp, arms crossed over chest, ride it out (haha ask Jtarkany he saw it first hand LOL).....but when I hit the gravel pit at speed I bounced all the way through it then rolled down the hill on the other side and made it halfway to the fence. Came to rest 30 feet from the bike. Ripped off gloves and threw them 100 feet away in anger haha. Then ran over....to stomp out the fire that had started haha.

Apologies for being vague, I have just been swamped and haven't had any time yet. Lol, but I do appreciate the concern. Wherever I go, this will always be my interweb home for all things motorcycling. Love you guys! :D

Last edited:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Love you too, Lone. It's always an adventure with you, no? :BLAA:

AS for "parting out," are there any parts to part with? (Maybe your key chain?) Looks like the bike was bashed front back and sides.

Heal up well.