PCIII on 2009?

TheeAntic

Reaction score
plus.google.com
Yes, I searched.

I noticed one guy who said he installed one, and his garage said he had a 2009..but I want to be completely sure before I pull the trigger on this. :thumbup:

Tax refund goes in my account tomorrow so soon comes a K&N, Leo Vince, some sort of fuel management and some pazzo shorties. :cheer:

Should be no problem. Are you going to dyno the bike? There are maps out there but to really get it close you'll want to have it tuned by a reputable tuner.:)

Honestly, I can't justify the money. Maybe sometime in the future, but for now I'll stick with a basic map. I'm sure I'll feel a huge difference after 15t, exhaust and a tune.

Edit: For anyone who's interested the website indysuperbikes.com has the PCIII for $280, the cheapest I have found yet. A price revzilla has agreed to match..if I choose to one-stop-shop it tomorrow.

Honestly, I can't justify the money. Maybe sometime in the future, but for now I'll stick with a basic map. I'm sure I'll feel a huge difference after 15t, exhaust and a tune.

Edit: For anyone who's interested the website indysuperbikes.com has the PCIII for $280, the cheapest I have found yet. A price revzilla has agreed to match..if I choose to one-stop-shop it tomorrow.

You'll sure feel the difference, when you go to the gas station.
Welcome to the GSXR/R1/CBR1k fuel consumption territory.
:D

You're not gonna make it leaner then it already is, right?
That's why most people get the PC, to tune out the lean/flat spot in
the midrange.

Some people have used the zero map that supposedly makes no changes to the A:F ratio but does smooth out the jerky throttle response. Doesn't have to use more fuel but I agree most will slap a richer map on... In fact I'll bet most will not have the bike tuned and will use the map from another tuned bike with the same/similar components.

Some people have used the zero map that supposedly makes no changes to the A:F ratio but does smooth out the jerky throttle response. Doesn't have to use more fuel but I agree most will slap a richer map on... In fact I'll bet most will not have the bike tuned and will use the map from another tuned bike with the same/similar components.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Bigger exhaust, sports air filter, and you need more fuel.

Jerky response?
Not here, but I have the stock exhaust..

I have a 2009 and a PCIII. Works great.

Also, it's been out of stock on Indysuperbikes forever, but they leave that price up. I got RevZilla to match it even though Indy was out of stock! Get in on that deal before they catch on.

Good luck.

I have one on my 2004 model, thinking of selling due to 20-30% increased fuel consumption - not worth it for the jerkiness fix alone IMO. And PC3 alone was ~10% of FZS 1000 (1st gen FZ1) price, if I really wanted power I'd buy a different bike instead.

Back