Petrol prices

H

HavBlue

The Dutch rules started as a code back in 2002, since then they have slowly become more used, recently, the past two years there has been steadily more incidents of these rules being used in a court of law. So who knows maybe it'll work the same way in your state, "permissable " could be the beginning of something more.:thumbup:

Heads up, permissible started in the mid 1950's and hasn't changed since. Who is the best person to have in front of you when you are spitting? A cop....

Just out of curiosity, what is the average distance a person may drive to get to work in much of Europe? I drive 140 miles a day. In California there was a period of 2 years (2002-2004) that I went 200 miles a day. At that time the price of gas was roughly $2.25usd per gallon.

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
^ i drive 36 miles a day for work :thumbup:

as far as fuel prices go in the uk we are starting to see protests from hauliers as they are finding it difficult to stay in buisness and if they raise their prices for transporting goods then it will be passed onto the consumer when he/she buys the end product.

fuel price protest

finboz

stealth browser
Reaction score
Visit site
orly_bush.jpg

H

HavBlue

Gas has now hit the $3.00 per US gallon mark around here so I have to go fill up before it goes back down and I end up with that dang cheap gas. Bikes just don't like that stuff.....

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What is going to happen in the States when oil is traded in another currancy, say yuan :confused:(CNY), which is Chinese money.

H

HavBlue

What is going to happen in the States when oil is traded in another currancy, say yuan :confused:(CNY), which is Chinese money.

They'll be trading in US currency first. Kind of like the British....

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$2.85 per gallon of regular (86 octane) at Raceway Gasoline station when I gassed up my cage. I was higher before so I can't complain especially what those Euro boys are paying for.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We really like paying for it, do we, NO.

A few years ago the whole country came to a near standstill because all the tankers was trapped at the depots in protest at the ever increasing price.

Still the government got re-elected.:mad:

It is possible to run some diesel cars on old cooking oil. You can get this for nothing in bulk from "Fish 'n' Chip" shops. Of course you still have to pay duty on it to HMRC our IRS.:confused:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for everybodies input, I made up a little table to show the petrol prices around the world.
Keep them coming, we don't have any prices for among others Australia, Germany, Greece or Italy yet, all contributions welcome.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard yesterday that Belgium was contemplating tax decreases on petrol if the prices rise much more, but Holland wouldn't.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The average prices her in Greece are:

95 Octane: €1,20/litre or $6.68/Gallon
98 Octane: €1,30/litre or $7.24/Gallon

Doesn't sound very expensive but compared to the salaries it is very very expensive...

:(

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its only when you see it written down that I realised how much we get screwed on fuel duty:(:banghead::rant:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for everybodies input, I made up a little table to show the petrol prices around the world.
Keep them coming, we don't have any prices for among others Australia, Germany, Greece or Italy yet, all contributions welcome.

you seem to have a good bit of time on your hands...

jimcisme

Reaction score
Visit site

Thats a really, really good question. No doubt we will be finding out soon if our illustrious leaders don't change there ways.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you seem to have a good bit of time on your hands...

Only in the evening hours when the kids are in bed, ahhhh:thumbup:
But I am seriously interested to hear how other people are getting screwed too (with petrol prices) some more than others.
I reacon havblue had a good point about commute times as I'm sure where the prices are lower the commuting times grow, so the general cost evens out.
I travel 3/4 hour to my work, but I probably live the furthest away from all my Coworkers.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i feel your commuting pain, i work 1 hour from my house and 48 miles door to door, Fuel kills my play money budget.

Not sure if they have anything like this for overseas but it keeps track daily of fuel prices at all the gas stations and lets you search to find the best "Deal" when you need to fill up.

GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i feel your commuting pain, i work 1 hour from my house and 48 miles door to door, Fuel kills my play money budget.

Not sure if they have anything like this for overseas but it keeps track daily of fuel prices at all the gas stations and lets you search to find the best "Deal" when you need to fill up.

GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada

Nice link :thumbup:, I'll have to google it, but good idea.